Baht exchange rate

oasis77

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
631
Reaction score
2
Well you are asking me where it is then i guess you dont work in the area.. hence any potential savings through exchange rate is wiped out by transport costs. Anyway it is at Raffles Place. Usually those working there would change the money there.

Why not just change at Superrich Rajdamri? I am sure you will passby there :)

so where is arcade?
 

Velvet

Banned
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
5,280
Reaction score
0
Well you are asking me where it is then i guess you dont work in the area.. hence any potential savings through exchange rate is wiped out by transport costs. Anyway it is at Raffles Place. Usually those working there would change the money there.

Why not just change at Superrich Rajdamri? I am sure you will passby there :)
IC.. im changing about 1.5k so even with transport fee its not worth it?my area only have 22.9
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
I can sell you the 1.5k at 23.20 but where do you stay, Velvet?

I have gotten the rate 23.25 from money changer who can buy my bahts but I have not sold yet, waiting for lower rate.
 

oasis77

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
631
Reaction score
2
at $1.5k it would be worth it. The question is whether you want to change $1.5k at one shot in SG since superrich rate is slightly better. Perhaps change enough for transport from airport to your hotel? That's what I usually do anyway. It is your money and hence your decision!

Anyway I will walk over to arcade later and check the rates out again later.

Do post photos after your trip!

IC.. im changing about 1.5k so even with transport fee its not worth it?my area only have 22.9
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
at $1.5k it would be worth it. The question is whether you want to change $1.5k at one shot in SG since superrich rate is slightly better. Perhaps change enough for transport from airport to your hotel? That's what I usually do anyway. It is your money and hence your decision!

Anyway I will walk over to arcade later and check the rates out again later.

Do post photos after your trip!

What is the shop name at arcade?
Do you have the phone number? I would like to check malaysian ringgit rate as well which I am holding 500k on hand. Yesterday I was offered 0.429 (2.331) from other money changer.
 
Last edited:

oasis77

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
631
Reaction score
2
From what I recall, they don't entertain call queries. They have quite a number of changers there, off my mind it's Hassan, Sheen, People's Changer. I am going over and will update in an hr.


What is the shop name at arcade?
Do you have the phone number? I would like to check malaysian ringgit rate as well which I am holding 500k on hand. Yesterday I was offered 0.429 (2.331) from other money changer.
 

XiaoZen

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
5,955
Reaction score
2
a difference of 0.1 for 1.5k is 150baht.. which is around $6.4-5 sgd lor... go calculate ur time, transportation etc and see if worth it or not lor..
 

oasis77

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
631
Reaction score
2
Arcade 23.16 - 23.20 @ 11am 23/06/10. Not that great rates.. Superrich dropped to 23.3 expectedly..

From what I recall, they don't entertain call queries. They have quite a number of changers there, off my mind it's Hassan, Sheen, People's Changer. I am going over and will update in an hr.
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
I know Hassan Changer, got their phone number but I forgot where i put need to search.

But other money changers offer to buy my thai baht at 23.23 today.

I am waiting for 23.20 or lower before I sell off my baht.
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
Today money changer offer to buy my thai baht at 23.20
I sold off 29% of what i had today.

Now waiting for rate 23.15 or lower before i sell more baht. :)
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
Today mustafa offered 23.15 to buy thai baht.

Hope it will drop to 23.00 in near future. :D
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
buying baht... any lobang :)

Not good time for you to buy thai baht right now.
But if you need it urgently and can get the rate 23.00 for buying less than 100 thousand THB, can consider it good price.

I just sold 4 million baht at 23.09 to mustafa 3 hours ago, made some profit. :s12:

Earlier today, I bought 100k USD at 1.390, now can sell at 1.401. :s13:
 

w3nmin9

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
0
Not good time for you to buy thai baht right now.
But if you need it urgently and can get the rate 23.00 for buying less than 100 thousand THB, can consider it good price.

I just sold 4 million baht at 23.09 to mustafa 3 hours ago, made some profit. :s12:

Earlier today, I bought 100k USD at 1.390, now can sell at 1.401. :s13:
as in real cold hard cash?lol y dun u just play forex trading.
 

peejay05

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
952
Reaction score
0
Buying baht too and recommended money changers? I checked
parkway parade and was 23.15 yesterday for the one near the main entrance. And another one at 23.009 near the banks and fountain.
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
Buying baht too and recommended money changers? I checked
parkway parade and was 23.15 yesterday for the one near the main entrance. And another one at 23.009 near the banks and fountain.

23.15 is considered very good rate if it is still valid today because there are other money changers buying baht at 23.18 today.

Timing is very important, the fastest way to profit more & quickly is with cash. Forex trading is need time to move funds & involve certain costs between systems & people involved. Money changing can contact all the money changers

I am out of baht now as already sold all that i had on 30th June 2010 (Wednesday) morning 10am at 23.01. Now all funds happily lying in e%aver's 1% interest until baht fall alot then i buy in again.
 
Last edited:

peejay05

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
952
Reaction score
0
Oh okays. I'm actually buy cos I'm going to bkk for travel next week :) I shall check the marine parade one tmr again and just buy from them if it's around 23.15. Thanks for your advice!
 

ChaOrEn

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
8
Oh okays. I'm actually buy cos I'm going to bkk for travel next week :) I shall check the marine parade one tmr again and just buy from them if it's around 23.15. Thanks for your advice!

How did it go? What rate you get? Today baht drop abit... if able to get 23.20 in singapore today will be a good rate.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top