Batman v Superman - Rotten

BBClone

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
27,003
Reaction score
21,236
Just caught this movie today with tempered expectations, given the backlash. It wasn't as horrid as I imagined, far better than Man of Steel in fact. Superman was one dimensional boring as usual, but Ben Affleck's Batman intrigued and dare I say, held true potential.

Apart from some meandering plot lines and confusing flashbacks, it was an acceptable film worthy of 6 or 7/10. 8/10 if you consider the hotness that is Gal Gadot. 5/10 if you focus on Jesse Eisenberg's ridiculous portrayal of Lex Luthor. It was so wrong on so many levels, and the reviews were right about him trying to be the Joker/Riddler all at once. Bad aftertaste.
 

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2015
Messages
4,621
Reaction score
1,020
I watched it in IMAX 3D and I got really mixed feelings; I am a hardcore comic book fan but I am not sure if I should watch it twice..........
 

Toonsy92

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
38,057
Reaction score
2,719
Finally got the time to watch Batman v Superman...

Surprise to myself, wasn't really that SLOW paced as i would expected. Man Of Steel was really SLOW.:s13::s13:


Only negative i got is the sense that this movie is more like a filler to build the Justice League plot hence the "feel" isn't that much anymore. And the frequent jump scenes quite irritating at times.:s13::s13:


I do hope and expect Lex Luthor Jnr? to appear more in future movies cause kinda less in this.

Wonder how zack snyder gonna make the revival works.:vijayadmin:
 

ten_david197

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
15,872
Reaction score
2
Seems like those who hate are those who'd say it should have been like this should have been like that bla bla bla.

So clever go become scriptwriter lah, otherwise who cares about what you think.

That's why I say, if you want to be truly entertained, go with little or no expectations.

There's such a thing as artistic license. We are not talking about documentaries here. :s13:
 

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
69,127
Reaction score
2,445
Finally got the time to watch Batman v Superman...

Surprise to myself, wasn't really that SLOW paced as i would expected. Man Of Steel was really SLOW.:s13::s13:

Only negative i got is the sense that this movie is more like a filler to build the Justice League plot hence the "feel" isn't that much anymore. And the frequent jump scenes quite irritating at times.:s13::s13:

I do hope and expect Lex Luthor Jnr? to appear more in future movies cause kinda less in this.

Wonder how zack snyder gonna make the revival works.:vijayadmin:

Let's just say unless you chop off the head of Superman, nothing else can kill him...
It's just taking him a longer time to heal since the Krypton Spear no longer nearby...
Probably if you put him in the sunlight he will absorb the rays and heal more quickly like that scene in the outer space.
 

Toonsy92

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
38,057
Reaction score
2,719


“I’ve got to ask Ben, because Ben shot scenes for Suicide Squad, highly anticipated. You’ve seen several people play The Joker. Any comments on his performance?” Conan asked Affleck.

Of course, Affleck left out any major details because of contractual obligations, but he did comment on Leto’s performance.

“I think Jared Leto was a genius but I’m bound by more confidentiality agreements than you can shake a stick at. I’m just going about my business… He’s brilliant. Masterful. Brilliant, brilliant guy.”


Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2981204/ba...e-joker-in-suicide-squad/#c30jHldu2ojKfz8e.99
 

kiatkiat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
19,053
Reaction score
3,111
Let's just say unless you chop off the head of Superman, nothing else can kill him...
It's just taking him a longer time to heal since the Krypton Spear no longer nearby...
Probably if you put him in the sunlight he will absorb the rays and heal more quickly like that scene in the outer space.

Then how come general zod didn't respawn?
 

Rich_N_Handsome

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
1,807
Reaction score
0

unless u r Dc fan, normal movie goers wont knw who the fug r all these weird suicide squad members. like tat hw to attract them to go and watch?

tats the reason y marvel will always win. they hv oledi taken yrs to intro their heroes b4 they come out with the avengers. even the new civil war movie also have the same familiar faces we all knw plus some new heroes and spiderman somemore. popular figures + new element concept rules!
 

I'mknotdumb!

Banned
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
30,053
Reaction score
2
12963911_601275083362669_3891285416159314903_n.jpg
 

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
22,931
Reaction score
1,326
bvs theatre version tio cut till so messy.
extended version got explain more
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top