ya. trying this new forum today my phone batt really go down faster then prevCss and scripts using excessive battery on mobile compared to older forum layout.. the forum is now optimized for flashiness and not mobile friendly..
Yeah, cos of this, I'm forced to consider quitting this forum.. plus using this forum now consumes a lot of ram on browser compared to previous because of the flashy flashy new useless graphics..ya. trying this new forum today my phone batt really go down faster then prev
lol. no one quits edmw....Yeah, cos of this, I'm forced to consider quitting this forum.. plus using this forum now consumes a lot of ram on browser compared to previous because of the flashy flashy new useless graphics..
Between preserving battery life and having my browser keep reloading cos ran out of ram ony 6gb android phone.. there's no other option.. I will consider going to other lighter forums, even if it means lesser exciting topics.. heck, I'll even go reddit simply because reddit mobile site is wayyyyy much better now than this huge UI mess..lol. no one quits edmw....
u just gotta adapt.
but seriously this adaptation process is giving me a headache literally. I'm too used to pcwx and gagt direct upload of img and gif now i cannot get use to having to upload to imgbb bef attach the link here.... so many extra steps![]()
you won't quit one la...Between preserving battery life and having my browser keep reloading cos ran out of ram ony 6gb android phone.. there's no other option.. I will consider going to other lighter forums, even if it means lesser exciting topics.. heck, I'll even go reddit simply because reddit mobile site is wayyyyy much better now than this huge UI mess..
edmw is like hotel californiayou won't quit one la...
today it eats up 30% of my batt life.Need to optimise the mobile layout further. It does take up quite a bit of power to process the display of typed characters, on a Chrome-based browser.
SD845 chipset...
If you use VIA browser, then there should not be such a big consumption.today it eats up 30% of my batt life.
last time use GAGT no such energy sap.
i doubt optimization is their priority now....bugs squashing shld be priority
why only edmw site so special lehIf you use VIA browser, then there should not be such a big consumption.
In most cases, it is when android self maintenance is activated then battery consumption increases. Does mean it is doing the opposite of what it is intended. That is the most sucky part of android system.
Thankfully, can use Android Assistant to close off all these stupid android processes.
Brave I have not use. Skipped.why only edmw site so special leh
i dun wanna install another browser just for edmw...i using Brave so long liao no issue with batt consumption.
Cascading style sheet is HTML 5.2 framework of w3c.org by world standard. I doubt anyone of us will contribute much in the form of framework users or feedback.Css and scripts using excessive battery on mobile compared to older forum layout.. the forum is now optimized for flashiness and not mobile friendly..
There are ways to optimise CSS. There are fancy ways of using CSS which are not suitable on mobile devices.Cascading style sheet is HTML 5.2 framework of w3c.org by world standard. I doubt anyone of us will contribute much in the form of framework users or feedback.
https://www.w3.org/TR/html52/
scripts is a necessity part of using editors, has been around for long. Small, less beefy browsers takes the best of both world Via Browser is one of them. The battery consumption part is more of the OS issue rather than the app issue. Android sucks for a reason, yah?
Use editor, of course a lot of garbage codings there. Less like me a pure coder who use less code with web designing. But I/O exchange still remains when you execute sql statements.There are ways to optimise CSS. There are fancy ways of using CSS which are not suitable on mobile devices.
Owners must also know how to optimise scripts tightly.