Battery life on iPhone 8

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Hi guys, thinking of going for 8 over the X. Can anyone share the battery performance on 8 on a daily basis? How does it hold up when compared to a 7? I know the battery is smaller but apparently the new SoC manages power more efficiently. Not sure if I should look too much into it since they said the same for 7 but ended up it having an average battery life.

Anyway, hope you guys can advise on the above. Thanks!
 

vtcode

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
feel it lasts slightly longer than 7 before, and much cooler, the 7 and 7+ i used can get hot very easily especially watching videos, but 8 is just mildly warm.. hope that helps..
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,584
It's better than the 7. I'm using a 8 now and previously 7. It last longer but do not expect it to fly.
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
After thinking long and hard, I opted the 8 instead of the X. It’s a fact that the 8 is an inferior model compared to the X but I got to say, so far I feel like I made the right choice.

Remember how the 7 was said to have the longest lasting battery life of any iPhone last year? The idea was achieved a year later in the 8. Took off the charger at 4am today. Had 3 alarms going off at about 30 minutes, 12 minutes of audio through BT headphones, connected to Apple Watch all day and pretty much working with WiFi and 1-2 bar of cellula signal and the battery shows 48%. 4h and 30min of WhatsApp, Safari and other apps usage with 14h of standby.

This is a huge jump from my 7 even when compared to launch day. I’m totally amazed to see the iPhone returning to form in the body of the iPhone 8. When an article boasts about how good the battery life is in the 8+, I’ll believe it. Not sure how it compares to the feature-packed X but I’m totally satisfied with my purchase.
 
Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,478
Reaction score
3,162
won't go wrong with e 8. e change to e glass back is very nice, same processor as e X shud have good battery life.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top