[Best!] Asus cushioned IO shield & front-panel block

bemylove

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
3,819
Reaction score
0
I think they started using this parts in the ROG series and trickle down to their channel boards. Wonder how come other boards dont follow suite?

Especially love the cushioned IO
shield.jpg

VS this monstrosity!
6ioshield.JPG


Front panel block
blocks.jpg
 

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
11,772
Reaction score
0
My old DFI is cushioned. That was 5 years ago I think. And it had the front panel block as well.

Asus simply copied I guess?
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
wols much?

Dell started the cushioned back I/O shield since the ATX Pentium 3 era.
 

addthewin

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,661
Reaction score
0
u very de wols.. my old computer which is X years old is using the cushion 1.. usually on their non budget series..
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
Yeah, back then the cushioning was much better. I guess over time, manufacturers' cost cutting ate into this aspect. I think I still have a backplate that is very heavy due to the thick rubbery cushion.
 

eminus

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
6,688
Reaction score
0
I am not sure about the old one but this Asus IO plate is not only for cushioning but also protection from ESD
 

SSDLover

Banned
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
6,211
Reaction score
0
With those premium charged, asus should indeed give everything.

But then, until they solve their super long boot up time, i would never buy any asus board again.

I remember my brother previous dekstop with asus motherboard (ROG series + core i5) booted up even slower than my old school acer intel pentium dual core. What a shame considering the desktop is so much higher end in terms of spec and cost a lot more.

Both are using same capacity, model, and brand of ssd.
 

eminus

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
6,688
Reaction score
0


bios boot up might be a "bit" longer but for me my bootup is fine
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
I think gigabytes use that long also. Saw it when I build my LGA1156 system.
 

Slkrz83

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
808
Reaction score
0
I think most of the midrange and gaming boards from Asus will have that. But yes, it's definitely better than the sharp edged painfully hard to put in normal IO shield.
 

bemylove

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
3,819
Reaction score
0
wols much?

Dell started the cushioned back I/O shield since the ATX Pentium 3 era.

sounds like i am wols! :eek:

but why dell need to do this since its all pre-built....goes to show how useful cushioned io shield is and it should be a standard!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top