Best Debit Card with Cashback?

RibenaLessSweet

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Hi, I looked through previous threads and saw that there some credit cards that offer cash back, but I am not eligible for them as my salary don't meet the requirement.

Are there any debit cards with cash back? I will be using this card only to pay medical bills and transport. (I already have another DBS passion debit card for household expenses.)

When I read the T&C for the debit cards of major banks, it looks like only DBS Safra card has 0.3% cash back on all transactions? DBS main debit card only good if using visa pay wave.

The rest (UOB, OCBC, etc) give rebates but have to go for the participating stores, which is quite limited. Is there any debit card that I am missing out?

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
 

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
24,622
Reaction score
5,605
Citibank's Tap and Save account (and associated debit card) is another good option. The key difference is that you need a total relationship balance of $15,000 with Citibank to avoid a monthly fee, whereas with Standard Chartered there's a monthly fee if you don't transfer at least $1,500 into the account every month.

Citibank's Tap and Save card is a better transport card since its EZ-Link rebate is quite good.

Don't forget to take advantage of the DBS Visa Debit Card's 5% rebate for contactless transactions in Singapore, if you can.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks! I Googled it and it looks like what I want.

You can also consider applying for secured credit card. This will require tying a min $10000 fixed deposit.

https://blog.moneysmart.sg/credit-cards/need-know-secured-credit-cards/
 

RibenaLessSweet

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't take the DBS debit card as the hospital and clinic i go to still use the traditional signing method. If I'm not wrong the 5% is only limited to paywave and transactions below $200.
 

RibenaLessSweet

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Dbs visa debit 5% cashback for contactless payment is second to none in terms of debit card cashback right now.. today just received cashback for last month's transactions.. received $37.xx and last month received the max cashback of $50..

Sent from International Space Station using GAGT

Thanks Charlie! By the way, i went to Stan Chart today to check out the Super Salary but they no longer have the cash back for the debit card. Instead, they offered me 1% bonus interest for first 12 months. I did not take up as I am opening the account to pay for bills so not really a savings account.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks Charlie! By the way, i went to Stan Chart today to check out the Super Salary but they no longer have the cash back for the debit card. Instead, they offered me 1% bonus interest for first 12 months. I did not take up as I am opening the account to pay for bills so not really a savings account.

They bluffed you lah. I just received the 1% today for my spend on the card last month.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
Wah that's sad the longest kept benefit gone. If dint see this I won't notice. Another card into the drawers now. Thanks.



Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F
 

cassowary18

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
203
Wah I didn't know that SCB debit card used to give cashback on AXS. That would have given me extra 1% cashback on my credit card bills...

So sad I only discovered this after it got nerfed. I thought it fell under "Payments to loans or credit facilities or deposit accounts" so didn't try.
 

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,126
Reaction score
2,458
Anyone still use supersalary? New tnc for cashback sigh.

Sigh. Another one bites the dust. This one was quite decent. Time to close my Supersalary account after this round.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top