Best ECI Insurance Plan

bluegt

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
968
Reaction score
228
I am looking to get an Early Critical Illness plan. Has anyone done an assessment recently as to what the best plan is?

I had a look at the PRUearly plan and noticed a 50% payout at early stage.

With technology/screening these days, the odds of being diagnosed early are fairly high so it doesn't look like regular CI plans or reduced payout ECI plans make sense.

Anybody recently buy an ECI plan and do a comparison?
 

Bwjx94

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I am looking to get an Early Critical Illness plan. Has anyone done an assessment recently as to what the best plan is?

I had a look at the PRUearly plan and noticed a 50% payout at early stage.

With technology/screening these days, the odds of being diagnosed early are fairly high so it doesn't look like regular CI plans or reduced payout ECI plans make sense.

Anybody recently buy an ECI plan and do a comparison?

Since you requested for comparison, I got a quote from an agent for Great Eastern critical care advantage plan.

For Early stage CI, payout is 100% Sum Assured (SA) capped at 100k. For Intermediate stage CI, payout is 100% SA capped at 200k. For Advanced stage CI, payout is 100% of SA.

*** Normally I don't quote insurance companies to maintain objectivity in conversation on forum. :)

With regards to the point that regular CI plan does not make sense, I don't quite agree. Though early CI may be more relevant for people these days, but it does not mean that the normal CI plan claims would decrease or lose its relevance. People could still contract advanced stage illness even though medical science is very advanced these days.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top