Best phone sub $800 to replace S7?

AizenSousuke

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Messages
515
Reaction score
0
Buying a no contract phone to replace my S7 (tried changing battery but still heats up + large battery drain when using)...

What is the est phone sub $800 to replace S7?

Important to have a good camera because I don't want to carry those point and shoot camera when travelling overseas + can root (titanium backup).

Currently eyeing:

Note 9
S10
S10+

Very afraid of the screen burn in though..

Any other recommendations?
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
S10 and S10+ is still above $800 off-contract isn't it? Note 9 also higher I think
 

AizenSousuke

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Messages
515
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Managed to get a Note 9 6/128 at 688...

I hope it last another 2 years... but damn it came with pie.
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,884
Reaction score
4,894
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Managed to get a Note 9 6/128 at 688...

I hope it last another 2 years... but damn it came with pie.
Prefer Pie / OneUI. The older Samsung Experience is foul.
 

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
40,816
Reaction score
1,366
Buying a no contract phone to replace my S7 (tried changing battery but still heats up + large battery drain when using)...

What is the est phone sub $800 to replace S7?

Important to have a good camera because I don't want to carry those point and shoot camera when travelling overseas + can root (titanium backup).

Currently eyeing:

Note 9
S10
S10+

Very afraid of the screen burn in though..

Any other recommendations?

Same situation as you. S7 user upgrading soon.

S10e is the closest actually, size wise battery wise and price wise. $760 at ah beng shop.

Sent from A Bus Station Is Where A Bus Stops. A Train Station Is Where A Train Stops. In My Office, I Have A Workstation. using GAGT
 

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
40,816
Reaction score
1,366
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Managed to get a Note 9 6/128 at 688...

I hope it last another 2 years... but damn it came with pie.

Where you buy from sia.

Sent from A Bus Station Is Where A Bus Stops. A Train Station Is Where A Train Stops. In My Office, I Have A Workstation. using GAGT
 

AizenSousuke

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Messages
515
Reaction score
0
Where you buy from sia.

Sent from A Bus Station Is Where A Bus Stops. A Train Station Is Where A Train Stops. In My Office, I Have A Workstation. using GAGT

m1.. i recontract because my old plan cannot use data passport and i intend to travel overseas soon. also, i might be paying less vs old plan at 3gb extra data (for 2 years at least)..

then see how m1 want to play the game... if revert back to 5gb and no extra data then circle life here I come!
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,692
Reaction score
12
S10E. Similar screen size as the S8. Avoid Huawei for now since there's issue going on between them and Google.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top