Best private uni for Management course

Kllyw29

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm needing help deciding on which private uni to go to! Currently i have narrowed down to PSB University of Newcastle, SIM RMIT, SIM UOM, Kaplan Royal Holloway and Curtin. Only SIM UOM and Kaplan RO include honors.

Would a degree with honors be better? But which uni would more recognized in sg? Would love to hear some opinions and thoughts thanks!
 

Kllyw29

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
the next intake for that would be July, that's unfortunately too long a wait! Why is everyone saying UOL D:
 

intime

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1
Hi, I'm needing help deciding on which private uni to go to! Currently i have narrowed down to PSB University of Newcastle, SIM RMIT, SIM UOM, Kaplan Royal Holloway and Curtin. Only SIM UOM and Kaplan RO include honors.

Would a degree with honors be better? But which uni would more recognized in sg? Would love to hear some opinions and thoughts thanks!

You already slightly disadvantage yourself by going for a distance learning degree in private education institutes, you do not want to even further disadvantage yourself by choosing only a basic degree. So choose the best option, that will put you in a better job seeking position than all the other private institute graduates.

Take note of the following points when choosing a course and private institute,
https://www.gov.sg/factually/content/8-things-you-should-know-before-you-enrol-in-a-private-school
 

calliope

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2016
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
For exactly the reason stated! took a gap year and went to work in a MNC, don't want to put off studying much longer..

Hmm I can't comment on which is best but I'm posting to say don't rule out UOL just because the next intake is in July. I can understand why you don't want to wait until then but it's like 6 months further away compared to the rest? It's not really that long if you put it into perspective. Since you're going to be spending time/effort/money into your degree and your future kinda depends on it in some way, it might be worth it to wait if it really seems like the best option for you.
 

17smiles

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2015
Messages
287
Reaction score
0
Actually the 6 months may be a golden time for you to do something productive, like a temp job that can be converted to full time after the probation period. What I am suggesting is at the end of 6 months, you will have a choice between working full-time and pursing further education :s13:
 

Kllyw29

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What is your definition of "best"?

In terms of recognition and education like the teaching staff etc.

Actually the 6 months may be a golden time for you to do something productive, like a temp job that can be converted to full time after the probation period. What I am suggesting is at the end of 6 months, you will have a choice between working full-time and pursing further education :s13:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have alrdy taken 1.5 years and worked in 2 companies. I'm all ready to head back to school :)
 
Last edited:

bubblegumcartel

Master Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
3,580
Reaction score
0
I'd vote for UOM because the uni itself is higher ranking... however based on what I see and know, it looks like DL degrees are pretty much the same no matter where you graduate from
 

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
8,567
Reaction score
10
Among all the private schools, the ones that I've seen perform better are those from uol. That being said, it may also be due to how most ppl end up going to uol. It might be better if you end up interviewing for jobs in future, and ur interviewer came from uol as well
 

arcanum00

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2006
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
1
In terms of recognition and education like the teaching staff etc.
Perhaps UOL, since the teaching staffs from the different private educational institutions are almost of no difference in terms of teaching quality, I felt. The syllabuses look okay, and there is the flexibility of self-education that would help lower your expenses on the programme by avoiding the tuition fees charged by private educational institutions.

If confined within your options, then RHUL and Manchester.

Just my opinions. Take it with a pinch of salt.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top