Beware of Marcella Custom

thetiny1

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hello guys,

Just want to warn everyone out there who is considering to make tailored clothes with Marcella Custom. Just sharing my experience with them.

On January 15 2015, I decided to make 4 tailored shirts with Marcella for CNY. You know, all the Facebook advertising and so many friends liking the page, it must be quite credible right?! So I decided to go to the Cathay store, got my measurements made. Was told that all would be ready by 22 Feb latest. I was also told that in 2 weeks time I can head down to try one shirt first. First try, no problem, so I collected my first shirt.

Here comes the problematic part. The other 3 shirts took damn long to come. I only received the notification to collect the shirt on March 13, almost 2 months after I made the order. This means that they take twice as long as promised to complete their orders. In the process of waiting, I already emailed their customer service to complain, and I was told their workers in China took a long holiday for CNY. This information was not given to me for my consideration when I made the order. They told me the only thing they could do is to bump up my order so I can get it slightly earlier.

So today, 16 March, I went down to collect my shirt. Turns out that 2 of the 3 shirts are tailored wrongly, the shirt length exceeded by quite a bit. Maybe they decided to rush through my order and not do things properly? I want to post the photos but apparently I don't have enough post counts :(

So ultimately I decided to email them for a refund. Take note guys!!! Really wished I browsed the forums to look for better places to tailor clothes. Ended up having to go CNY visiting with no new clothes, and with such a poor shopping experience. Anyone else with similar experiences with marcella?
 

IceX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2001
Messages
13,256
Reaction score
914
patronised them twice before..wasn't impressed with the quality or measurements..

decided to stick to my MTM tailor at peninsular instead
 

virtualrx8

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
1st time visit wasn't very pleasant but final product still acceptable. Thought they got my measurement then give them 2nd chance but this time even worst. Condemn already. Won't go back again.
 

whatme

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
6,917
Reaction score
0
Two years ago, I wanted to make three shirts for CNY too.

Visited the store, wanting to make some nice shirts, but the staff did not bother to ask me whether she could help me or not. She continue doing her stuff.

Therefore i left the shop and went to buy ready-made cloth instead. LOL:s13:
 

Minty Mint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
22,687
Reaction score
2,468
I am lucky that i did not have any shirt tailored from them. I have read a few bad experiences before.

I was keen to go for a try as i heard there are affordable to tailored made shirt, but i never go
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
A lot of poor fabric quality even for the premium cloth range. Disappointed with what I have made and never going back.
Even the much cheaper BBK tailors has better quality fabric
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top