Blacklisted from Telco company

  • Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) or call ScamShield Helpline 1799. More info

Batmanofsg

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Hi,

Few years back (before Covid) I using my IC to help a friend apply for a StarHub line. But after first month of paying his own bills, he ran away. Pending bill is around ($1200)

I remember getting a lawyer letter but I forwarded the police report of getting scammed to both StarHub and the Lawyer. Till this day, I didn’t get any response nor any letters.

Now I was to sign a new contract with M1 but I am afraid that I might be blacklisted or unable to get a new contract (for myself) with other companies other than StarHub.

I need some advice, might be going to M1 today for a new contract.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
4,161
Hi,

Few years back (before Covid) I using my IC to help a friend apply for a StarHub line. But after first month of paying his own bills, he ran away. Pending bill is around ($1200)

I remember getting a lawyer letter but I forwarded the police report of getting scammed to both StarHub and the Lawyer. Till this day, I didn’t get any response nor any letters.

Now I was to sign a new contract with M1 but I am afraid that I might be blacklisted or unable to get a new contract (for myself) with other companies other than StarHub.

I need some advice, might be going to M1 today for a new contract.
Since you have the necessary documents, check with the respective telcos, they are the only ones that are able to clarify your status with them.
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,199
Reaction score
2,204
got scammed?

so this time round, what excuses are you going to use?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
4,161
does MVNO and Simba count

means can own them money?
I mean, they are using the main 3's infra, so I would presume they would utilise the CBS report by having similar systems in place?
Apart from SIMBA which should also verify telco credit ratings.
 
Last edited:

ToonBlue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
19,620
Reaction score
5,752
can own so much ? until like what TS mentions $1200? wont they terminate or block your line if you never pay up by the second month?
you can owe anybody money la. is more about the consequences of doing so
 

Whqiu2003

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2021
Messages
51
Reaction score
18
Don't think you will be able to apply for any lines from the 3 Telcos... U apply with your IC for your friend and you got to be responsible for it... good luck
 

xsoldix

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
8,909
Reaction score
1,663
Don't think you will be able to apply for any lines from the 3 Telcos... U apply with your IC for your friend and you got to be responsible for it... good luck
indeed the funniest thing i read today.

why would anyone lend their nric to their friend to sign up for services..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top