Blu Life One X 4G compatibility

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
I'm thinking of shipping in a Blu Life One X from Amazon - tired of Xiaomi phones. But I'm worried about 4G signal compatibility

For Starhub:
4G: 1800, 2600MHz (can help to confirm?)

Blu Life One X official published frequencies:
4G: Bands 2 (1900), 4 (1700), 7 (2600), 12 (700a), 17 (700b)

I think only Band 7 is compatible: 2600MHz (can help to confirm?)

If I cannot connect to 1800MHz will I lose indoor signal?
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
I'm thinking of shipping in a Blu Life One X from Amazon - tired of Xiaomi phones. But I'm worried about 4G signal compatibility

For Starhub:
4G: 1800, 2600MHz (can help to confirm?)

Blu Life One X official published frequencies:
4G: Bands 2 (1900), 4 (1700), 7 (2600), 12 (700a), 17 (700b)

I think only Band 7 is compatible: 2600MHz (can help to confirm?)

If I cannot connect to 1800MHz will I lose indoor signal?

According to this HWZ article, StarHub's is riding solely on the 1,800MHz band leh ....

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-mobile-network-guide-what-you-need-know-about-4g-lte

http://www.unlockonline.com/mobilenetworks/singapore.html
WnVF33p.jpg
 
Last edited:

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
According to this HWZ article, StarHub's is riding solely on the 1,800MHz band leh ....

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-mobile-network-guide-what-you-need-know-about-4g-lte

I think maybe this article is old. Starhub website says as follows:

"4. Can I use a 4G LTE handset/tablet/dongle bought overseas to work on StarHub’s 4G LTE network? StarHub’s 4G LTE service operates on 1800MHz and 2600MHz spectrum. Hence, some overseas 4G LTE mobile devices may not be compatible with our 4G network."


http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/mobile/network/4g-lte-faq.html
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
I'm thinking of shipping in a Blu Life One X from Amazon - tired of Xiaomi phones. But I'm worried about 4G signal compatibility

For Starhub:
4G: 1800, 2600MHz (can help to confirm?)

Blu Life One X official published frequencies:
4G: Bands 2 (1900), 4 (1700), 7 (2600), 12 (700a), 17 (700b)

I think only Band 7 is compatible: 2600MHz (can help to confirm?)

If I cannot connect to 1800MHz will I lose indoor signal?

It kind of depends on how extensive their network is. You can check their coverage on the IDA website.

For your info, I used the Moto X 2013 for quite some time on SingTel 4G. It too also supports only Band 7 but I rarely lose LTE except when underground.
 

Shahmatt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
48
It kind of depends on how extensive their network is. You can check their coverage on the IDA website.

For your info, I used the Moto X 2013 for quite some time on SingTel 4G. It too also supports only Band 7 but I rarely lose LTE except when underground.

Thanks. good to know.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top