Blue tooth printer

Taloona

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2018
Messages
6,243
Reaction score
3,236
Hi! I am thinking of buying a printer that can print without cables (is it called blue tooth technology?)

I don't need complicated functions, just basic colour printing and scanning.

1. Any brand to recommend?
2. If my laptop has no CD drive, how do I install the printer?
3. Are there any home printers that can print on A3 size paper but yet compact enough to put on a study table? Those office printers are humongous.
4. Any disadvantage in using a printer with blue tooth technology?

Thank you.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
Such printer uses Wifi but not BT, Wifi have higher data rate
than BT if not photoprint will take considerable time to buffer.
You can consider Canon PIXMA iX6870 $3XX. and etc.
If you don't often print A3 can go photo shop, have your printout
printed there.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Hi! I am thinking of buying a printer that can print without cables (is it called blue tooth technology?)

I don't need complicated functions, just basic colour printing and scanning.

1. Any brand to recommend?
2. If my laptop has no CD drive, how do I install the printer?
3. Are there any home printers that can print on A3 size paper but yet compact enough to put on a study table? Those office printers are humongous.
4. Any disadvantage in using a printer with blue tooth technology?

Thank you.

I'm not sure whether there are bluetooth printers but I would choose Wi-Fi printers instead as it's faster for large files to transfer over.
 

squarepipe

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
1
Your home got WiFi right? Get a WiFi printer better lah. Last time go to shop to print photo I made a mistake by choosing to transfer photos via Bluetooth. Took like 10+ minutes to transfer 2 photos....
 

Taloona

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2018
Messages
6,243
Reaction score
3,236
My laptop has no CD drive to install the printer. How do I do it? Thanks.
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,425
Reaction score
3,248
common printers are wifi based. (Wireless) that connects to your house’s wireless router / internet.

For the software and drivers. You can find it on the printer manufacturer’s website. If you need help. Just type the brand and model number out. We will be able to assist you.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top