Boot from DVD - ASUS UX32V

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
6,372
Reaction score
387
The laptop comes with a pre installed Windows 8.
I want to install with Windows 7.
The problem is I can't seem to boot from the DVD drive.
I press Esc to go to the boot option but there is only 2 options:
- Windows Boot Manager
- Enter Setup (BIOS)

Inside bios, i have tinkered with every option, tried every solution that I looked up in google. nothing works.
There is an option to add a Boot option and it involves adding a path manually... seriously?

Anybody faced similiar problems or have some solutions?

*nothing wrong with DVD-rom drive. I can read CDs when inside Windows 8*
 

Digital Hospital

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1
The laptop comes with a pre installed Windows 8.
I want to install with Windows 7.
The problem is I can't seem to boot from the DVD drive.
I press Esc to go to the boot option but there is only 2 options:
- Windows Boot Manager
- Enter Setup (BIOS)

Inside bios, i have tinkered with every option, tried every solution that I looked up in google. nothing works.
There is an option to add a Boot option and it involves adding a path manually... seriously?

Anybody faced similiar problems or have some solutions?

*nothing wrong with DVD-rom drive. I can read CDs when inside Windows 8*

Tried on our own unit (Luckily we still have one):
Below should be the steps. :)

1) Access your UEFI BIOS (press and hold F2 key when power on).
2) Choose “Boot” and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.
3) Choose “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled.
Press F10 to save and exit. Press and hold ESC key to launch boot menu when notebook restart.

Hope it helps. :)

If it still doesn't work, then probably better for you to bring down to us.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top