Brother of Mac Mini

devilwahaha

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
0
Break the tradition
Feel like a Mac Mini
Size at 200 by 80 by 225 mm only

For the pictures, please follow below:
Picture (1): i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag430/Nincando/E-Q5Red_zps3f7f06e2.png
Picture (2): i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag430/Nincando/E-Q5Blue_zps1a83f331.png

Essentially a cloned Mac Mini? Widely and rampantly available years ago in China alr.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Break the tradition
Feel like a Mac Mini
Size at 200 by 80 by 225 mm only

For the pictures, please follow below:
Picture (1): i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag430/Nincando/E-Q5Red_zps3f7f06e2.png
Picture (2): i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag430/Nincando/E-Q5Blue_zps1a83f331.png

E-Q5Red_zps3f7f06e2.png


E-Q5Red_zps3f7f06e2.png
 

diycom

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I know this is handy with its small size. But can drive a decent Intel Core i5?

Seem like cooling vent not enough ley.

Using external power adapter, with this small size?

It should be nice to use it to make one htpc in my living room watching movies and playing music.

No optical drive is ok since now many people use external hard disk with USB connection.

Price please? This is very important...haha.


Break the tradition
Feel like a Mac Mini
Size at 200 by 80 by 225 mm only, with 3.5mm thick material.
Build a new PC or HTPC with this case that blends into anywhere at home, school or in office.

Feedbacks are all welcomed.


For the pictures, please follow below:
Picture (1): i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag430/Nincando/E-Q5Red_zps3f7f06e2.png
Picture (2): i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag430/Nincando/E-Q5Blue_zps1a83f331.png
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
I know this is handy with its small size. But can drive a decent Intel Core i5?

Seem like cooling vent not enough ley.

Using external power adapter, with this small size?

It should be nice to use it to make one htpc in my living room watching movies and playing music.

No optical drive is ok since now many people use external hard disk with USB connection.

Price please? This is very important...haha.
Even ASRock Vision series barebones are much more sleeker and accurate to actual Mac Mini...

VisionX%20Series%20(Haswell)-1(m).jpg
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
I know this is handy with its small size. But can drive a decent Intel Core i5?

Seem like cooling vent not enough ley.

Using external power adapter, with this small size?

It should be nice to use it to make one htpc in my living room watching movies and playing music.

No optical drive is ok since now many people use external hard disk with USB connection.

Price please? This is very important...haha.
For cheap, small and yet sleek... Do consider Jonsbo V2... Only 4-5 times the height of Mac Mini while maintaining the same table real estate...

sweetpic1.jpg

sweetpic2.jpg
 

diycom

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Asrock Vision is an OEM product. Yes, it is nice but it is like the laptop and AIO PC, upgrading is limited to hard disk and memory ba. We cannot change the board and chip. Once outdated, the whole set is obsolete. I think its price is not cheap too.

As for this small case here, I think it should be only the case and not another OEM product since no system specification stated. I love it so small (and flat) and no restriction changing the parts inside as long as they can squeeze inside...kekeke. Of course I am also thinking can it be hooked to the back of the LCD.

Jonsbo V2 is texture nice. Just some higher. The material is thinner. Not sure what is its price here.

I am now still waiting Nincando to reply....kekeke.

Even ASRock Vision series barebones are much more sleeker and accurate to actual Mac Mini...
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Asrock Vision is an OEM product. Yes, it is nice but it is like the laptop and AIO PC, upgrading is limited to hard disk and memory ba. We cannot change the board and chip. Once outdated, the whole set is obsolete. I think its price is not cheap too.

As for this small case here, I think it should be only the case and not another OEM product since no system specification stated. I love it so small (and flat) and no restriction changing the parts inside as long as they can squeeze inside...kekeke. Of course I am also thinking can it be hooked to the back of the LCD.

Jonsbo V2 is texture nice. Just some higher. The material is thinner. Not sure what is its price here.

I am now still waiting Nincando to reply....kekeke.

Was considering something similar, but still waiting for the USB3.0 front port version.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.202.i8mu5p&id=16158372652

T2JOZWXfhaXXXXXXXX_!!717902197.jpg
 

coyote

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
85,515
Reaction score
28,691
Plenty of such made in China chassis in aliexpress... take your pick... think it's still a long way for the mic product to catch up in quality & aesthetic. But before too long... hopefully there's still a pc market for them to catch up...
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Asrock Vision is an OEM product. Yes, it is nice but it is like the laptop and AIO PC, upgrading is limited to hard disk and memory ba. We cannot change the board and chip. Once outdated, the whole set is obsolete. I think its price is not cheap too.

As for this small case here, I think it should be only the case and not another OEM product since no system specification stated. I love it so small (and flat) and no restriction changing the parts inside as long as they can squeeze inside...kekeke. Of course I am also thinking can it be hooked to the back of the LCD.

Jonsbo V2 is texture nice. Just some higher. The material is thinner. Not sure what is its price here.

I am now still waiting Nincando to reply....kekeke.

Jonsbo V2 with 300W SFX PSU costs only $99. Best thing is they are at least covered by warranty from local distro.
 

coyote

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
85,515
Reaction score
28,691
Jonsbo V2 with 300W SFX PSU costs only $99. Best thing is they are at least covered by warranty from local distro.

As some has reviewed, Jonsbo chassis are a little on the flimsy side, where the heavy psu will bend some of the metals... guess it should be fine for normal use...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top