Budget Accommodation in NY

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
May have to go to NY for a short period > 2 months < 6 months. Any recommendations for lodging? Am ok with a dorm bed in a hostel.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,006
Reaction score
1,727
May have to go to NY for a short period > 2 months < 6 months. Any recommendations for lodging? Am ok with a dorm bed in a hostel.

Firstly, NY is BIG! Narrow it down!!!

I personally used airbnb to find accomodation. Else, look for backpacker hotels/dorms for cheap rates!
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
Firstly, NY is BIG! Narrow it down!!!

I personally used airbnb to find accomodation. Else, look for backpacker hotels/dorms for cheap rates!

Opened to anywhere in NY. Will be there for months so would love the flexibility of moving around and living in different areas.

I've already checked the rates for backpackers and it's not cheap.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,006
Reaction score
1,727
Opened to anywhere in NY. Will be there for months so would love the flexibility of moving around and living in different areas.

I've already checked the rates for backpackers and it's not cheap.

I only know it's about $55 per night at one/two dorms in NYC.
I booked a place on airbnb for about $60 per night near NYC, airbnb allows you to choose your budget and let you know places which fit your budget.
I'll be going over this Saturday. :s13:
 

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,435
Reaction score
76
I only know it's about $55 per night at one/two dorms in NYC.
I booked a place on airbnb for about $60 per night near NYC, airbnb allows you to choose your budget and let you know places which fit your budget.
I'll be going over this Saturday. :s13:

TS is going there for months, not days. He probably needs short term rentals of apartments.

TS, are you in NY for work or study? Unless you need to go to NYC/Manhattan itself regularly, you might want to consider staying outside. Think Brooklyn, or even Flushings (big chinese community there)
 

kimberchin

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
421
Reaction score
18
You can actually contact those people who have listed their rooms/apartments for a long term contract. Like what koxinga mentioned, if you're gonna stay in manhattan or within the main city itself, it is really ex. Try areas in Brooklyn, but just be careful as some areas like Bedford Ave can be quite a dangerous place to live.

You can buy yourself a few days by staying the first week in a hostel/airbnb room while u continue searching a place for the next few months.

Good luck!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top