Budget flight from Suvarnabhumi

swirl360

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
3
Which airline better? Jetstar or Scoot?

I see SQ tickets BKK-SIN-BKK suddenly quite expensive. Become THB 6.9k already.. oh man.

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
 

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
668
Which airline better? Jetstar or Scoot?

I see SQ tickets BKK-SIN-BKK suddenly quite expensive. Become THB 6.9k already.. oh man.

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT

Flying in June ? Just search for the cheapest within your budget. My tickets for June almost cost twice as much as what I normally paid for. :s22::s22:
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
2 days back just book sg to Bkk Scoot 31st - 2nd June $260+

Next week booking sq or tg for 28th June - 2nd July waiting for friends to confirm

But given your choice I would go for scoot.
 

swirl360

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
3
Thanks bros.
Flying in June ? Just search for the cheapest within your budget. My tickets for June almost cost twice as much as what I normally paid for. :s22::s22:
Looking for July flights. Seems that SQ fares shot up after the recent May promo at THB 4.9k ended.
2 days back just book sg to Bkk Scoot 31st - 2nd June $260+

Next week booking sq or tg for 28th June - 2nd July waiting for friends to confirm

But given your choice I would go for scoot.
How's your experience with scoot on this route? More in terms of timing I guess. I'm eyeing the 8pm flight out of bkk

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
 

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
668
I tried lion air too, would say that at times they are bloody cheap and for a budget airline i had quite a pleasent experience. And i always fly back booking airasia. Because they have this 4.40pm flight timing.
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Honestly I have not taken scoot for like 2 years. Been taking sq and tg. Unfortunately this last min trip and price seems to be quite high that’s why I book scoot.

Last time round I took scoot I happen to take the same flight as my Friend who works for scoot and end up with a seat upgrade.

Thanks bros.

Looking for July flights. Seems that SQ fares shot up after the recent May promo at THB 4.9k ended.

How's your experience with scoot on this route? More in terms of timing I guess. I'm eyeing the 8pm flight out of bkk

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
 

swirl360

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
3
Honestly I have not taken scoot for like 2 years. Been taking sq and tg. Unfortunately this last min trip and price seems to be quite high that’s why I book scoot.

Last time round I took scoot I happen to take the same flight as my Friend who works for scoot and end up with a seat upgrade.
That's nice. Haha! Maybe I will try scoot too

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
 

swirl360

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
3
I tried lion air too, would say that at times they are bloody cheap and for a budget airline i had quite a pleasent experience. And i always fly back booking airasia. Because they have this 4.40pm flight timing.
My friend told me too about Lion air. But also to siam DMK. He says the airport is bad...

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
But I quite like thai lion air. Their plane seem fairly new and has 30kg luggage. And DMK is close to home for me.

My friend told me too about Lion air. But also to siam DMK. He says the airport is bad...

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
 

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
668
Mainly i took lionair/airasia is because they fly cheaper to dmk. Which is easier for me to head over to rangsit minivan area to get to other provinces.
 

swirl360

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
3
Mainly i took lionair/airasia is because they fly cheaper to dmk. Which is easier for me to head over to rangsit minivan area to get to other provinces.
Okay. LionAir sounds promising too

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
 

Beno777

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
1,878
Reaction score
14
Okay. LionAir sounds promising too

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT

Few things to note for Thai Lion:

1. At T3, always parked at the far far end of T3 so need walk a lot or take the internal rail :D

2. At DMK, need push and shout your way across the many many china ppl with big carton boxes Q-ing for NewGen but blocking the entrance of Thai Lion :s22:

3. At DMK boarding, confirmed no skybridge, so would be challenging for old folks with weak legs

Other that these, its a bliss to fly with Thai Lion, timing is perfect for me. Noon flight if going bkk and night flight if transit to other provinces. Best of best it is cheap with 20kg allowance. :)
 

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
668
Few things to note for Thai Lion:

1. At T3, always parked at the far far end of T3 so need walk a lot or take the internal rail :D

2. At DMK, need push and shout your way across the many many china ppl with big carton boxes Q-ing for NewGen but blocking the entrance of Thai Lion :s22:

3. At DMK boarding, confirmed no skybridge, so would be challenging for old folks with weak legs

Other that these, its a bliss to fly with Thai Lion, timing is perfect for me. Noon flight if going bkk and night flight if transit to other provinces. Best of best it is cheap with 20kg allowance. :)

I strongly agree with point 2. Damn china ppl. lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top