What is this?? I think the price of some high end IEM really gotten out of hand.. charging quite a few thousands for a pair is crazy...
This de
What is this?? I think the price of some high end IEM really gotten out of hand.. charging quite a few thousands for a pair is crazy...
This year a lot of budget Headphone launches alsoThat is why I stick to just the budget KZ and CCA... and ignore all the kilobucks IEM.. and even those couple of hundreds upward... as I know in that price range, getting a pair of headphone would probably kick the crap out of similar pricing IEM... and way harder to go wrong, but for me full size headphone have way more size restrictions for me as I got big ears... about 70mm including earlobes... I can still wear the headphone if the space is at least 65mm... my earlobes have to be tuck in.. any smaller my earlobes would be on the earpads itself and this is bad... as ear wax will literally collect on the earpads... and it became crusty.. had that experience on my old OG purple color ATH-AD700 from back then... and due to the fixed cable design eventually the headphone have sound issues in one of the ear cups.. that is why nowadays my full size headphone buying criteria is, it must be big enough to cover my whole ear comfortably, and it must have detachable cables.
Diminishing returns beyond that range..https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...t-cost-wise-10-15-20-30-50-200-etc-etc.55297/
Many consent at $300 usd is the peak, not just this forum. Anything more is nickpicking.
I do agree, but once you heard expensive sets, you will keep thinking about it.https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...t-cost-wise-10-15-20-30-50-200-etc-etc.55297/
Many consent at $300 usd is the peak, not just this forum. Anything more is nickpicking.

If I had to keep a look out for is a comfortable wireless headphone.. but those seems to dun exists.. since most wireless headphone ear cups are smaller...This year a lot of budget Headphone launches alsoCan beo beo see if any fits
![]()
actually any higher than this can really tell the difference?I mean if I really want I can still use an extension from the back of the motherboard lar.. but... dun bother lar, it is not even my default soundcard I use... I used Creative ZxR that I bought more than 10 years ago and still working great... but the resolution kinda low if you compared to most modern DAC AMP... it max out at 24 bits 19200hz...![]()

Now got new codec such as DSD, MQA, SACD that old DAC can't decode.actually any higher than this can really tell the difference?![]()
Bose QC not bad mah really is soft and light. i using xm6. super tightIf I had to keep a look out for is a comfortable wireless headphone.. but those seems to dun exists.. since most wireless headphone ear cups are smaller...
agreedNow got new codec such as DSD, MQA, SACD that old DAC can't decode.

Of course if the 320kbps is well mastered, you can't really hear the difference between 320 and flac/wav but DSD is a whole other level.agreed
but DSDs are not that easy to find?
if the same song in 320kbps, flac/wav or DSD, can really hear significant differences?
I got a few pairs of headphones and earphones but I never got to try or experience much differences![]()
any recommendations where to get some DSD files to test?Of course if the 320kbps is well mastered, you can't really hear the difference between 320 and flac/wav but DSD is a whole other level.

What DAC are you using?any recommendations where to get some DSD files to test?![]()
Can try out at the next Canjam...but from experience....need those few k to 20-30k setups then can get any difference between PCM and DSD de?any recommendations where to get some DSD files to test?![]()