Budget multimedia/light gaming laptop

illumnae

Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
344
Reaction score
15
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a budget laptop for my wife to complement the desktop we already have. Primary purposes are for her to be able to surf the net and watch YouTube via WiFi in the bedroom as well as to play World of Warcraft casually - graphics settings can be on "normal", no need too high. Budget is below $1000. Lightweight is a huge bonus as this is a lady user, but there's no need to carry the laptop around outside the house.

I'm able to purchase a HP Pavilion TouchSmart v046TX at $849 or a HP Pavilion v045TX at $949 at a roadshow tomorrow. Are these worth getting or are there better options around? I have no particular preference for HP and am happy to get another brand if it's more worth it/better

Appreciate your advice and feedback!
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a budget laptop for my wife to complement the desktop we already have. Primary purposes are for her to be able to surf the net and watch YouTube via WiFi in the bedroom as well as to play World of Warcraft casually - graphics settings can be on "normal", no need too high. Budget is below $1000. Lightweight is a huge bonus as this is a lady user, but there's no need to carry the laptop around outside the house.

I'm able to purchase a HP Pavilion TouchSmart v046TX at $849 or a HP Pavilion v045TX at $949 at a roadshow tomorrow. Are these worth getting or are there better options around? I have no particular preference for HP and am happy to get another brand if it's more worth it/better

Appreciate your advice and feedback!

If you can stretch your budget, go for Asus zenbook UX32LN. 13.3" FHD, 1.45kg with GT840 2GB graphics. Price is $1398. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top