buffet steamboat at ximending

tidalstorm

Master Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
4,238
Reaction score
371
Any decent buffet at xmd that is kids friendly as in not so spicy one? Does those mala buffet also serve non spicy soup base?
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,718
Reaction score
737
Any decent buffet at xmd that is kids friendly as in not so spicy one? Does those mala buffet also serve non spicy soup base?

They usually serve 鴛鴦火鍋,meaning two diff soup base in one pot.
 

richey

Master Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
2,541
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, am heading to taiwan this month end. Was reading through the diff stesmboat at xmd and am not sure which 1 to go.

Checked out blog post and most are recommending the mala yuan yang and tian wai tian.

Just to check; do i have to email and make reservation now? Or how does it work.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,269
Reaction score
9,025
Hi guys, am heading to taiwan this month end. Was reading through the diff stesmboat at xmd and am not sure which 1 to go.

Checked out blog post and most are recommending the mala yuan yang and tian wai tian.

Just to check; do i have to email and make reservation now? Or how does it work.

If off-peak, you can try walking-in. If peak, call them to reserve?
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Mala no email reservation, gonna call in..I got my hotel recept to help me call in to reserve..
 

cuttiedog

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
I simply walk-in for mala at 9pm. No issue.. But they told me that there's a 2hr cut off time coz there r reservation after me on a Wed nite.. Which I think is bullsh*t coz there r quite a few empty tables when I'm abt to leave..

But what I like here is, even at 10pm, they are topping up the seafood n whatever that r low in stocks..
 
Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
I simply walk-in for mala at 9pm. No issue.. But they told me that there's a 2hr cut off time coz there r reservation after me on a Wed nite.. Which I think is bullsh*t coz there r quite a few empty tables when I'm abt to leave..

But what I like here is, even at 10pm, they are topping up the seafood n whatever that r low in stocks..

Even if no rservation after you, their rules is 2hrs time limit..
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
Got a bbq name xiong yi not bad too.
Cheap and add abit price can get premium items.
Got a small pot of steamboat which you can order. And there is 3 kind of ice cream available including haagen dazs and meiji, 1 more forget le.
Went there eat 3 everytime I go Taiwan. Not sure have time limit anot cause everytime just stay there eat and no one chase us even if its crowded.

Found thier website
::??????::???? ????

Reserved for my upcoming trip. Tks. :)
 

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,849
Reaction score
1
Got a bbq name xiong yi not bad too.
Cheap and add abit price can get premium items.
Got a small pot of steamboat which you can order. And there is 3 kind of ice cream available including haagen dazs and meiji, 1 more forget le.
Went there eat 3 everytime I go Taiwan. Not sure have time limit anot cause everytime just stay there eat and no one chase us even if its crowded.

Found thier website
::??????::???? ????

Yea, i second the recommendation. Xiong Yi is nice. I like it too.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Ate last time steamboat abt 26sgd per pax. with hagan daz ice cream ...
close at 2+ or 4+ am .... not bad ....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top