Building a Gamaing pc- Budget ~$2500

sacredex

Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Hi, I've been wanting to build my own gaming pc for a very long time and I think its about time I do so :s13:, but I do not have any experience in making a pc so I would appreciate any advice given from this forum.

I'm wondering if I am able to build a gaming pc with high performance, able to run games at smooth frames on 1440p with a budget of around $2500? The case I have in mind is a Silverstone TJ07.

P.S. The budget excludes monitor and software
 
Last edited:

Jian19

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
100,790
Reaction score
27,527
RZbIqNK.png


Wah the case so exp :s22:
 

MevolutionX

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
0
RZbIqNK.png


Wah the case so exp :s22:

TS should change to 800D/900D or TJ11. Hahaha!
If TS have such a big case, I think the watercooling he mentioned is not AIO but custom loop. Custom loop for CPU & GPU will cost around $500~
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
if TS not well versed in PC building, must factor in the service cost if want custom water cooling. Unless of course TS you are willing to learn and do it yourself.
 

MevolutionX

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
0
if TS not well versed in PC building, must factor in the service cost if want custom water cooling. Unless of course TS you are willing to learn and do it yourself.

Yeap. Service cost does not come cheap. Anyway custom loop very easy. YouTube will teach you :D
 

sacredex

Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
yea I wouldn't mind learning how to do it myself. So by factoring the $500 for the water cooling items, am I still able to build a high performance pc within the $2500 budget?? Or I have to top up some more
 

sacredex

Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
it looks good X.X. But if theres a cheaper alternative I don't mind switching case haha
 

MevolutionX

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
0
yea I wouldn't mind learning how to do it myself. So by factoring the $500 for the water cooling items, am I still able to build a high performance pc within the $2500 budget?? Or I have to top up some more

Yeap! Set aside $500 for water cooling, 2k is still sufficient for a high end rig.

Anyway, a good water cooling case would be NZXT Switch 810 :) cheaper. $230+- only.
 

sacredex

Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Guys, i decided to not build my own custom water loop and invest the money on components, here's a list of components I'm getting.

I'm using Bf4 as a benchmark, and i want my gaming rig to run it at 1440p 40-60fps ultra if possible.

Will these set up work? Or i can just get a normal 780 instead of a 780TI. Appreciate all advice and help

 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Actually 2.5k no point getting the asus board. It is totally overpriced with that i5-4670 non k already gonna hit an i7. And 1k+ for that ref780ti asus? no point, with that price you could get the Gigabyte 780ti OC non ref windforce edition.

My suggestion

MSI Z87-G45 + i5-4670k ~ $507
Gskills Ripjaws 1600mhz 2x4gb Kit ~ $110
WD Blue 1tb ~ $77
Plextor M5P 256gb ~ $275 (5 years warranty)
Gigabyte 780ti OC 3x Windforce ~ $1059
Superflower HX600 600w 80+ Gold ~ $109
Corsair 750D Full Tower ~ $220
Samsung ODD ~ $21
Corsair H100i ~ $150
NZXT RGB LED Controller ~ $49
Corsair AF140 ~ $25 probably need more

Total $2602
 

zjlim86

Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
461
Reaction score
11
Guys, i decided to not build my own custom water loop and invest the money on components, here's a list of components I'm getting.

I'm using Bf4 as a benchmark, and i want my gaming rig to run it at 1440p 40-60fps ultra if possible.

Will these set up work? Or i can just get a normal 780 instead of a 780TI. Appreciate all advice and help


Drop z87 if u not going to oc..and if u ocing change CPU to a k CPU, ie 4670k
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Gigabyte 780ti OC 3x Windforce at mynextcom selling for $1006...
 

sacredex

Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Actually 2.5k no point getting the asus board. It is totally overpriced with that i5-4670 non k already gonna hit an i7. And 1k+ for that ref780ti asus? no point, with that price you could get the Gigabyte 780ti OC non ref windforce edition.

My suggestion

MSI Z87-G45 + i5-4670k ~ $507
Gskills Ripjaws 1600mhz 2x4gb Kit ~ $110
WD Blue 1tb ~ $77
Plextor M5P 256gb ~ $275 (5 years warranty)
Gigabyte 780ti OC 3x Windforce ~ $1059
Superflower HX600 600w 80+ Gold ~ $109
Corsair 750D Full Tower ~ $220
Samsung ODD ~ $21
Corsair H100i ~ $150
NZXT RGB LED Controller ~ $49
Corsair AF140 ~ $25 probably need more

Total $2602

Wow thank you so much. Will this build be able to run games on high settings at 1440p?

Also would like to ask if I can get the crucial ballistix led ram instead
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Wow thank you so much. Will this build be able to run games on high settings at 1440p?

Also would like to ask if I can get the crucial ballistix led ram instead

Crucial ballistic led ram quite ex. If want bling bling, go to avexir website and order the basic 2x4gb rams. Can choose led colour, type of ram though all same price and just looks differently, dynamic or static led. And shipping is just $20. Total should be $115 or so.

780Ti can play games at ultra at 1440p. Just dun go crazy on the AA..
 

origamii

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
29
Crucial ballistic led ram quite ex. If want bling bling, go to avexir website and order the basic 2x4gb rams. Can choose led colour, type of ram though all same price and just looks differently, dynamic or static led. And shipping is just $20. Total should be $115 or so.

780Ti can play games at ultra at 1440p. Just dun go crazy on the AA..

i go avexir website nvr see can shop online cna refer me a link thks
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Wow thank you so much. Will this build be able to run games on high settings at 1440p?

Also would like to ask if I can get the crucial ballistix led ram instead

Yes it can run games on high settings @ 1440p.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
i go avexir website nvr see can shop online cna refer me a link thks

Go to customise, play around, input ur details at bottom and send the form. They will then send you an email regarding about confirmation with order form and links to pay with paypal, irrc. Last time i played around with it, shipping was $10. Now up to $20 le.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top