Building a New Humble Rig......

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
U can go to ek store website, they have a filtering hardware listing to tell u which brand and model fits which block.

The issue is that the picture at EK store shows the older 290 design (those with the black chokes). As the component placement is different, I am not sure if it fits.
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Btw, whats the difference between R19 and R17 chokes? Cause the older design is using Magic R19 chokes. The new one using Trio R17.
 

Alternative X

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2014
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
0
Do you think it make sense to get 4 x Plextor M6P 256GB and run RAID 0? I originally wanted the Samsung 850Pro but no stock. Then Samsung is like $80 more than Plextor as well.....

Reason for 4 Plextor sounds stupid (pls don't laugh at me). Cause I am thinking 4 core CPU, 4 sticks of RAM, 4 graphics card, so should get 4 SSD also. Make it 4444......lol.....

Maybe should hoot 4D tomorrow. 4444....:s13:

Isn't that kinda unlucky? You know... si si si si?
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Do you think it make sense to get 4 x Plextor M6P 256GB and run RAID 0? I originally wanted the Samsung 850Pro but no stock. Then Samsung is like $80 more than Plextor as well.....

Reason for 4 Plextor sounds stupid (pls don't laugh at me). Cause I am thinking 4 core CPU, 4 sticks of RAM, 4 graphics card, so should get 4 SSD also. Make it 4444......lol.....

Maybe should hoot 4D tomorrow. 4444....:s13:
Ur PSU also get 4 lah... Lol...

Raid 0,using 4 ssd? Lol...u know u just multiply ur point of failure risk by 4 times as well? Hahaha... Go read up on raid first...

My 2x 850pro should be arriving next week...Singapore sell liao meh?
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Ur PSU also get 4 lah... Lol...

Raid 0,using 4 ssd? Lol...u know u just multiply ur point of failure risk by 4 times as well? Hahaha... Go read up on raid first...

My 2x 850pro should be arriving next week...Singapore sell liao meh?


4 PSU....No space inside casing for that.....lol...I think I will go for Corsair Air 540.

Yeah, have liao. But only 128GB and 512GB. No 256GB ones. PC Themes say coming on Monday. But $299 for 256GB is rather expensive.

Yes, me do understand the risk of running RAID 0. No redundancy, 1 drive fail and bye bye to your data. But I am not keeping anything important on this computer though. Only games.

I already have a a Buffalo SAN running RAID 1 which I used to keep my....ahem....cannot say......
 

Assault

Master Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
1,740
I think it's called 'Whose Balls are Bigger Super Turbo Ultimate Tournament Edition' :s13::s13: calling this kind of rig 'humble' lol
 

nyquist_ty

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
4,009
Reaction score
0
What can quad xfire achieve? Is it more fps, 4k or higher resolution or multimonitor? I think for games, there's a limit to what we can perceive visually.
 

GeForce

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
25
quad sli or fire doesn't scale well.. maybe even perform worse than 3 cards sometimes.
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
OK, join up the cables for 2 PSU. Not very pretty but at least it work.

c62eb19a-b38e-4c29-9ddf-7932b5c2bd91_zpscc60a8a3.jpg


Connect everything up....

e8efc96b-d132-4096-9cc8-62e67078abdf_zpsa35d997c.jpg


Power up!! Hold my breath!!

25951c7e-9212-4961-92ee-3940f96949f4_zpsfbab7547.jpg


Huat ah!! Got power and BIOS screen!! :D......phew..... lol

Still have yet to get casing for it yet....lol...so lay it out on my table...lol.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
Btw, whats the difference between R19 and R17 chokes? Cause the older design is using Magic R19 chokes. The new one using Trio R17.

R19 is a full size choke. It is the height of the capacitor.

R17 on the other hand is half height choke.

On certain blocks it might not fit using the r19 chokes.

Other than that no difference.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top