Building a system for photo editing and sorting

howard88

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Greetings! I am attempting to build my first ever PC and I am planning to use mainly Photoshop and Lightroom on it to edit and sort my photos. FYI, I am not much of a gamer. After doing some research, I have come up with the following setup and I would like to hear some advise/feedback:

Intel Core i7-4771
Asus H87 Plus
PC3 1600 KINGSTON HYPERX KIT DDR3 Dual Channel (4GBX2)
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SATA 3 SSD (to store OS and programmes like photoshop and lightroom)
Seagate 7200rpm 2TB 64MB SATA 3 (to store photos)
Seasonic S12II 520W Bronze 80+
CoolerMaster Elite 344 USB3.0
AOC i2367

1) I am planning to just use the built-in Intel 4600 graphic card instead of getting a dedicated graphic card since I am not planning to play games on it. I figured that I will not be doing much 3D stuff in photoshop as well. Would this be a wise choice based on my usage and will this affect the resolution/colors in any way?
2) Other than Graphic card, am I missing out anything else?
3) Would a 520W PSU be sufficient for the above config?

Thanks in advance for all feedback!
 

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
13,550
Reaction score
1,301
Greetings! I am attempting to build my first ever PC and I am planning to use mainly Photoshop and Lightroom on it to edit and sort my photos. FYI, I am not much of a gamer. After doing some research, I have come up with the following setup and I would like to hear some advise/feedback:

Intel Core i7-4771
Asus H87 Plus
PC3 1600 KINGSTON HYPERX KIT DDR3 Dual Channel (4GBX2)
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SATA 3 SSD (to store OS and programmes like photoshop and lightroom)
Seagate 7200rpm 2TB 64MB SATA 3 (to store photos)
Seasonic S12II 520W Bronze 80+
CoolerMaster Elite 344 USB3.0
AOC i2367

1) I am planning to just use the built-in Intel 4600 graphic card instead of getting a dedicated graphic card since I am not planning to play games on it. I figured that I will not be doing much 3D stuff in photoshop as well. Would this be a wise choice based on my usage and will this affect the resolution/colors in any way?
2) Other than Graphic card, am I missing out anything else?
3) Would a 520W PSU be sufficient for the above config?

Thanks in advance for all feedback!

Can I recommend this. Go to Mac - MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac - Apple Store (Singapore), go choose your lovely iMac for what you exactly require.

After that, sign up for a SGD13/month Adobe Creative Cloud for Photographers and start working on your creativity on both Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom

Last but not least, get a Synology NAS with RAID 1 at least to safe keep your precious digital assets.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top