Building advice needed for a basic computer.

Dark.Horizon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
12,838
Reaction score
728
Hey all, I'm planning to build a comp for my parents for basic computer use. I'm not too fussed about GFX card and such, but I'd like the processor to be at least an i3.

Please advise and let me know! :)
 

VoteWisely

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
36,160
Reaction score
0
whats ur budget? is it just general purpose? any light gaming? will you be storing lots of files like photo , movie etc?
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Hey all, I'm planning to build a comp for my parents for basic computer use. I'm not too fussed about GFX card and such, but I'd like the processor to be at least an i3.

Please advise and let me know! :)

No need i3 lah.
G3258 more than enough for them.
 

VoteWisely

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
36,160
Reaction score
0
Hi there budget is about 500 to 700 hahaha. Just ppt work and surfing.
.
What do you mean by form factor?


Sent from Lai liao using GAGT

I think these specs should suit just fine for a budget pc. You will want to go google more info for specific model urself

- 4gb RAM
- 500GB-1TB hdd
- Graphic card Nvidia Geforce gt 710.
- PSU 450~500 watt
- CPU like they said a pentium g3258

Motherboard i think someone else can help u , i not familiar with mobo

Remember Add in mobo cost, casing, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speaker etc. if its out of ur budget then you compromise on the hdd maybe get a 500gb
 
Last edited:

Windowlover

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
2,649
Reaction score
119
I think these specs should suit just fine for a budget pc. You will want to go google more info for specific model urself

- 4gb RAM
- 500GB-1TB hdd
- Graphic card Nvidia Geforce gt 710.
- PSU 450~500 watt
- CPU like they said a pentium g3258

Motherboard i think someone else can help u , i not familiar with mobo

Remember Add in mobo cost, casing, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speaker etc. if its out of ur budget then you compromise on the hdd maybe get a 500gb


set your budget also.
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
I think these specs should suit just fine for a budget pc. You will want to go google more info for specific model urself

- 4gb RAM
- 500GB-1TB hdd
- Graphic card Nvidia Geforce gt 710.
- PSU 450~500 watt
- CPU like they said a pentium g3258

Motherboard i think someone else can help u , i not familiar with mobo

Remember Add in mobo cost, casing, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speaker etc. if its out of ur budget then you compromise on the hdd maybe get a 500gb

Why need Nvidia Geforce gt 710? :s11:

Intel Pentium G3258 has Intel HD Graphics.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top