xXfanaticXx
Member
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2008
- Messages
- 285
- Reaction score
- 0
Hey everybody,
My friend has asked me to build a rig for him.
His main use will be for gaming.
I asked for some of the things he wanted:
2x 1080p monitors (1 main gaming screen the other auxiliary screen)
Case preferably with window
Needs OS (windows 7 preferably)
Wants it to run cool + as quiet as possible (basically no turbine sounding fan)
Might* want to SLI or Xfire in future. (although I think single card less issues)
Main purpose gaming. Will also use for data analysis and number crunching.
No need for mouse kb etc.
The budget he has is pretty modest, everything (including hdd, os and 2x monitors) $2500
so here is what I can think of so far, I would like to seek your advice accordingly if you feel something should be better chosen.
Windows 7 64bit Home --- $120
AOC 23 i2367FH (IPS) LED.. $259 --- X2
or
ASUS 23 VS239H LED IPS.. $259 --- X2
Case: 350D or if can get H440 --- ~~ $200
Crucial M500 240GB SSD --- $215
WESTERN.D 2TB BLACK 64MB --- $209
G.SKILL RIPJAWS-X 1600MHZ ( 8GBx2pcs ) CL9 --- $230
H80i cpu cooler
For the gpu not sure if should go for 770 or 680 more wu hua
and for the cpu mobo would be determined according to what case is chosen, also not sure if can squeeze 4770k instead of 4670k? or if too overkill then can pump more budget to Gpu
Thanks!
My friend has asked me to build a rig for him.
His main use will be for gaming.
I asked for some of the things he wanted:
2x 1080p monitors (1 main gaming screen the other auxiliary screen)
Case preferably with window
Needs OS (windows 7 preferably)
Wants it to run cool + as quiet as possible (basically no turbine sounding fan)
Might* want to SLI or Xfire in future. (although I think single card less issues)
Main purpose gaming. Will also use for data analysis and number crunching.
No need for mouse kb etc.
The budget he has is pretty modest, everything (including hdd, os and 2x monitors) $2500
so here is what I can think of so far, I would like to seek your advice accordingly if you feel something should be better chosen.
Windows 7 64bit Home --- $120
AOC 23 i2367FH (IPS) LED.. $259 --- X2
or
ASUS 23 VS239H LED IPS.. $259 --- X2
Case: 350D or if can get H440 --- ~~ $200
Crucial M500 240GB SSD --- $215
WESTERN.D 2TB BLACK 64MB --- $209
G.SKILL RIPJAWS-X 1600MHZ ( 8GBx2pcs ) CL9 --- $230
H80i cpu cooler
For the gpu not sure if should go for 770 or 680 more wu hua
and for the cpu mobo would be determined according to what case is chosen, also not sure if can squeeze 4770k instead of 4670k? or if too overkill then can pump more budget to Gpu
Thanks!
