Business account for start-ups

neword

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2013
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
I recently initiated a start-up but i am not very sure about the polices. Is it required to have a business account for doing business in Singapore? Can I just simply use my personal account?
 

SCG8866T

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
998
Reaction score
1
I recently initiated a start-up but i am not very sure about the polices. Is it required to have a business account for doing business in Singapore? Can I just simply use my personal account?

Personal account doesnt allow credit card payment money to enter. You need a business account if you want an ecommerce platform that accepts credit card payment. Which also means you need at least a sole proprietorship registration, as that is needed to open a business acct.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top