Buying a condo before 30

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
Now interest rate so low why u pay off loan? You should store cash and invest when rates are low then pay off of it increases
I did consider what you said, having some small amount in equities, and my wife having in some corporate bonds.

But the amount of cash thrown in is too low and insignificant to be considered to be useful for anything meaningful, so ok lor.

And if we are thinking of the possibility of getting a 2nd property, we need the cash anyway. Short term investments usually don't yield too much, so just throw into the property as though it is a fixed deposit lor.
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
can I add a point?
buying any 99YL property new launch will sure save money from rental over 99yrs span geh=:p=:p
yar so property Is 100% safe investment so to say
True true.

My original point was a combination of factors could make it unsafe. But it is quite unlikely usually, though not impossible.
 

Kamikaze55555

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
76
Reaction score
33
hello all, I am back on my own thread! It's been nearly 2 years since I started and I have crossed the 6fig mark in terms of CPF+cash. Any recommendations on ideal 1bedroom or 1+1 units to enter in the upcoming months? Appreciate it! :)
 

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
hello all, I am back on my own thread! It's been nearly 2 years since I started and I have crossed the 6fig mark in terms of CPF+cash. Any recommendations on ideal 1bedroom or 1+1 units to enter in the upcoming months? Appreciate it! :)

Do you think you would be happier and has more disposal sum if you go with HDB flat? :o Singapore future is grim especially it is plague by the covid coupled with awful management by the incumbent. :o
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,299
Reaction score
3,015
hello all, I am back on my own thread! It's been nearly 2 years since I started and I have crossed the 6fig mark in terms of CPF+cash. Any recommendations on ideal 1bedroom or 1+1 units to enter in the upcoming months? Appreciate it! :)

Huh? Cross 6 figures (cpf + cash) means how much? If 100k only, how to buy?
If 900k cfm can buy :D
Very big difference though both are 6 digits.
 

Okuhida

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2019
Messages
188
Reaction score
3
hello all, I am back on my own thread! It's been nearly 2 years since I started and I have crossed the 6fig mark in terms of CPF+cash. Any recommendations on ideal 1bedroom or 1+1 units to enter in the upcoming months? Appreciate it! :)

I just went on PropertyGuru and sort by lowest price condos out of curiosity. Excluding the 60 years lease Hillford, the cheapest condo unit is probably about $500K. You’ll need $134,600 for 25% downpayment and stamp duty, plus another $3K for legal fees and valuation. So $140K bare minimum but there is really not much choices at that price point. I see you are still few years from 30yo though so good luck and all the best!
 

lucario1806

Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2020
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Binge read from page 1 to 16 in 1hr. :s22: This thread is really insightful and full of diverse perspectives! '95 kid here, glad to be able to pick up tidbits of knowledge from everyone in the entire thread.

@Kamikaze55555 really admire your determination and progress thus far! You seem to know what you're doing and exactly what you want. Plus the advice seems solid here, do continue to keep them in mind. You will get there, keep at it!
 

The_Davis

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
152,388
Reaction score
14,986
hello all, I am back on my own thread! It's been nearly 2 years since I started and I have crossed the 6fig mark in terms of CPF+cash. Any recommendations on ideal 1bedroom or 1+1 units to enter in the upcoming months? Appreciate it! :)

Congrats! I believe you will get there 1 day!

Maybe another year you can gather sufficient amount for down payment.
 

Kamikaze55555

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
76
Reaction score
33
hello! thanks all for your responses! I am reading and appreciate all advices.

It really wasn't an easy journey while drawing a monthly fixed pay and there were many moments when I wanted to give up. My peers are all getting married with BTOs while here I am saving for a shoebox unit in SG. However, the sense of satisfaction I got as I inched closer to my desired amount year after year is immensely rewarding and I urge all young people reading this thread to start a savings goal and stick to it. Even if you don't end up buying a condo, having 100K in cash is something not many can boast of at 30 and will definitely serve you well in the future.

I will keep saving and update again!
 

momoksan

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Messages
516
Reaction score
1
hello! thanks all for your responses! I am reading and appreciate all advices.

It really wasn't an easy journey while drawing a monthly fixed pay and there were many moments when I wanted to give up. My peers are all getting married with BTOs while here I am saving for a shoebox unit in SG. However, the sense of satisfaction I got as I inched closer to my desired amount year after year is immensely rewarding and I urge all young people reading this thread to start a savings goal and stick to it. Even if you don't end up buying a condo, having 100K in cash is something not many can boast of at 30 and will definitely serve you well in the future.

I will keep saving and update again!
I suggest you consider also the holding power to serve through the SSD in case something happen to your source of income.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top