Buying a new desktop

Songbird

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Messages
640
Reaction score
61
Hi guys I am looking to buy a new desktop from diy shops in sls. I want it to be done everything one shot, all I need to do is go home plug and can use Liao. Can I have some good shops recommendations?

I am not too it hardware saavy and will most likely be going alone, so pls don’t recommend me those chop carrot shops.. thanks..
 

Songbird

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Messages
640
Reaction score
61
u should really consider building yourself using partpicker and lazada/shopee

Hey man appreciate the comment but I really don’t have time to read and source etc and have totally no interest in doing so.. I would have just gone for aftershock if not for the Long shipping time and suspect bad reviews haha
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
1,785
just buy from aftershock. Has 1 year onsite warranty. u buy from SLS they dont care if yours spoil after 1 week
 

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
22,372
Reaction score
80
Hey man appreciate the comment but I really don’t have time to read and source etc and have totally no interest in doing so.. I would have just gone for aftershock if not for the Long shipping time and suspect bad reviews haha

PC Themes has Prebuilt PC packages but you should let them know in advance so they can assemble for you.

If you just want to grab and go, then go to Harvey Norman
 

kennerv

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
100
Better off to buy those from Challenger. If TS really want to buy from SLS, just see from the shop's pricelist what package they have and get 1 within your budget and needs. All shops are the same to be honest, just depends on your own haggling skill.
 

Songbird

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Messages
640
Reaction score
61
Thanks, sorry noob qn,if I choose to buy from sls, they got provide delivery service and setup everything for me? I would like to skip the carry home and installing wires part if possible..
 

Richliao

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
8,248
Reaction score
1,036
Thanks, sorry noob qn,if I choose to buy from sls, they got provide delivery service and setup everything for me? I would like to skip the carry home and installing wires part if possible..

Then you better buy online those branded pre-built la...
 

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,132
Reaction score
2,067
aftershock or other similar pre-built online store better ba..

price wise quite similar to diy pricing during their promo..
 

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,126
Reaction score
1,900
I am not too it hardware saavy and will most likely be going alone

based on your info, suggest to consider buying desktop from normal brands, e.g. asus, acer, dell, lenovo, etc.

"safer" if you are not hardware savvy.

if u not fussy, some of these brands also sell refurbished models, can consider for the cheaper pricing

provide a budget and what u intend to do on the desktop, then maybe some here can provide some brand/model suggestions

price of desktop can range from $300 to $3,000, so the more info u provide, the easier it is to narrow your choices
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
Buy together with me :3 if you aren't urgent. Earliest 1st Jan to 1st Feb.
 
Last edited:

megaweb

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2000
Messages
10,130
Reaction score
1,267
Hi guys I am looking to buy a new desktop from diy shops in sls. I want it to be done everything one shot, all I need to do is go home plug and can use Liao. Can I have some good shops recommendations?

I am not too it hardware saavy and will most likely be going alone, so pls don’t recommend me those chop carrot shops.. thanks..

It is good to state your budget and purpose of the computer.

My current desktop also done DIY, asked recommended parts here and bring the parts list to the shop to ask them for availability and then assemble. I have bought twice DIY desktops from tradepac.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top