Buying liquor overseas

Pyroxene

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2016
Messages
516
Reaction score
257
I am going to Japan soon in a group of 3. The other 2 don't drink so I intend to buy 3 bottles of Japanese whisky and put 1 bottle each in our check-in luggage just before we return.

I understand that doing this serves as our duty free "entitlement". Is this ok? We will not buy any more liquor at the DFS stores in Changi if we do this.
 

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,244
Reaction score
15,912
I am going to Japan soon in a group of 3. The other 2 don't drink so I intend to buy 3 bottles of Japanese whisky and put 1 bottle each in our check-in luggage just before we return.

I understand that doing this serves as our duty free "entitlement". Is this ok? We will not buy any more liquor at the DFS stores in Changi if we do this.

Yes, this is ok as long as they are at most 1-litre each.
 

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
11,951
Reaction score
1,329
I understand that doing this serves as our duty free "entitlement". Is this ok? We will not buy any more liquor at the DFS stores in Changi if we do this.
Yes, no problem. If you or your friends kana chosen for baggage scan at changi also no problem won't tio any daiji cos each of you within limits.
 

Dancin

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi, what is the maximum limit for a person to carry liquor back from overseas? I am going Japan too 3 weeks. DFS usually 2 bottles and beer per pax if not wrong? But back from Japan? TIA.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Hi, what is the maximum limit for a person to carry liquor back from overseas? I am going Japan too 3 weeks. DFS usually 2 bottles and beer per pax if not wrong? But back from Japan? TIA.

Liquor allowance was revised lately.
Now only 2 lit.

The cap on the allowance for spirits will remain at one litre. This means that, under the new rules, returning travellers will be entitled to only two litres of wine, beer or a combination of the two, or a litre of spirits and a litre of either wine or beer duty-free.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top