Cambodia and Data Pre-paid Sim

LonelyMan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
2,748
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I am going to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap in Sep for a week, thinking of getting a voice/data sim card for use. I will be landing at 12pm++ at Phnom Penh.

Any recommendation and idea where can I get the prepaid sim card? There are a few companies offering data plans but I googled and found nothing on where to buy.

Perhaps some kind souls provide some advices and recommendations?

Thanks
 

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
5,426
Reaction score
146
hi u can reach there and then purchase from any of the mobile shops. in fact some of the streets whole stretch of stalls also have sell. you wont have difficulty finding them. dun worry :D
 

sars8888

Master Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
4,854
Reaction score
2
hi u can reach there and then purchase from any of the mobile shops. in fact some of the streets whole stretch of stalls also have sell. you wont have difficulty finding them. dun worry :D

How much is that if you don't mind to share?
 

laogao7

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
How much is that if you don't mind to share?

Bascially, you can get the prepaid 3G sim card just outside the airport of PP.


I got myself a hello card. $5USD for a month. Free 30mins of call to same netword. 600MB of data usage(Cant remember on the figure). Anyway, check it out at the counters at the airport. Top up when neessary.

Good luck
 
Last edited:

wwwsquallcom

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
hi how is the coverage in Cambodia?

If I want to navigate with google map and find lodging with the apps, can it be done? Planning to use the data service to navigate an free and easy trip.
 

takakoboi

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
i just came back from PP last week and was very surprise that the telco speeds at Cambodia is fast

The coverage telecom in Cambodia mainly town area is quite healthy, I rent a bicycle & navigate around the town area within Phnom Penh, Google maps are working well.

Once u landed at PP airport, go outside the exit and hoot the Prepaid Sim card 1G data plan for 7 days, rest assured all is working well. Whatsapp no problem. 5 US Bucks only

Go for Smart as the local ppl are knowledgeable and speaks English.

Smart Mobile
 

wwwsquallcom

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Thanks for your update and great to hear that. I can start to create my map and use the phone to navigate around. I will be cutting through Cambodia from Thailand to Vietnam. Hope the outskirt reception are not too bad.

* For anyone who still want to use the old google map on your andriod, just uninstall the update on map app and remove the auto update settling on Play Store. You will enjoy the old reliable google map.
 

ah_nix

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
i just came back from PP last week and was very surprise that the telco speeds at Cambodia is fast

The coverage telecom in Cambodia mainly town area is quite healthy, I rent a bicycle & navigate around the town area within Phnom Penh, Google maps are working well.

Once u landed at PP airport, go outside the exit and hoot the Prepaid Sim card 1G data plan for 7 days, rest assured all is working well. Whatsapp no problem. 5 US Bucks only

Go for Smart as the local ppl are knowledgeable and speaks English.

Thanks for the info, was thinking to rent bicycle/bike roam around SR & PP town area coz have extra day in each city, upcoming end mth trip. :)
 

wolfberries

Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
297
Reaction score
22
Hi guys,

I am going to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap in Sep for a week, thinking of getting a voice/data sim card for use. I will be landing at 12pm++ at Phnom Penh.

Any recommendation and idea where can I get the prepaid sim card? There are a few companies offering data plans but I googled and found nothing on where to buy.

Perhaps some kind souls provide some advices and recommendations?

Thanks

Hi. how much is ya airfare per person? via what airlines?
You fly to Phnom Penh. Back to sg via Siem Reap ar?

Frm PP to SR needs 6hrs bus ride.

Im thinking of heading next year during CNY.
 

takakoboi

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Hi Ah nix

I be at PP from 23 Oct onwards till month end for abt 1 week in Cambodia, this will be my 3rd trip to Cambodia within 6 mths. My first time solo back in Sept biz trip. The booze there is so darn cheap compared to here.


do let me know if we can meet up, good to network a few travel pals, Will be rent a bicycle/bike to explore
 

ah_nix

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
Hi Ah nix

I be at PP from 23 Oct onwards till month end for abt 1 week in Cambodia, this will be my 3rd trip to Cambodia within 6 mths. My first time solo back in Sept biz trip. The booze there is so darn cheap compared to here.


do let me know if we can meet up, good to network a few travel pals, Will be rent a bicycle/bike to explore

Hi takakoboi, sorry just saw ur msg as I seldom login here... I'll be at SR from 24-29th b4 heading to Sihanoukville. :)
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top