Cambodia will always remind you of one the greatest historical monuments - the Angkor Wat. It is actually just part of the massive complex of Angkor ruins, which was once the seat of the Khmer empire. I had the chance to see it for my myself, but going on a group package tour with elderly relatives will not get you to see enough of the Angkor ruins. A 3-day stay is necessary, preferably with a knowledgeable guide. Still, I managed to see as much as I could.
Statues leading to the entrance of Angkor Thom. Many of the heads were stolen by robbers.
The many faces of Angkor Thom.
Ruin of Ta Prohm embraced by tree roots.
It was raining heavily when I reached the famous Angkor Wat. As I looked out from the corridor at one of the towers, I saw a lovely composition.
From the corridor of Angkor Wat
Looking out from Angkor Wat to the iconic palm tree outside.
The terrace of Elephants, the place where the king used to watch elephant race.
Statues leading to the entrance of Angkor Thom. Many of the heads were stolen by robbers.
The many faces of Angkor Thom.
Ruin of Ta Prohm embraced by tree roots.
It was raining heavily when I reached the famous Angkor Wat. As I looked out from the corridor at one of the towers, I saw a lovely composition.
From the corridor of Angkor Wat
Looking out from Angkor Wat to the iconic palm tree outside.
The terrace of Elephants, the place where the king used to watch elephant race.
Last edited:
