Came back from eclipse watching

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
Shiny won't tell you something factually incorrect, boys and girls - the Eclipse trip I just had probably was one of highlights of my life.

It was Bay Area - Eureka - Madras, OR thru Crater and Klamath Lakes parks and forests - Weed, CA (!) - Lassen Volcanic park with hiking on the top of the Lassen Peak and Cinder Cone -> Bay Area.

Writing this message from HKG, on my way to Singapore. Let me know what you are interested in.
 

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
9,605
Reaction score
854
Shiny won't tell you something factually incorrect, boys and girls - the Eclipse trip I just had probably was one of highlights of my life.

It was Bay Area - Eureka - Madras, OR thru Crater and Klamath Lakes parks and forests - Weed, CA (!) - Lassen Volcanic park with hiking on the top of the Lassen Peak and Cinder Cone -> Bay Area.

Writing this message from HKG, on my way to Singapore. Let me know what you are interested in.

Hey, I had a couple of friends up in Madras - small world!

I lashed out and drove 1000 miles to Jackson Hole, gambling on the weather being good... and it paid off in spades. Jackson's magical: the weather was brilliant, the mountains are titanic, and the national parks all around it are some of the most beautiful places in the world. It's worth a trip even if you're not there in winter.
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
It's worth a trip even if you're not there in winter.

Absolutely agree. And now I am planning to go to Chile or Argentina in 2019.

Question - where did you stay, and when did you book it, where did you drive for watching, how many people were around and what traffic looked like?

Friend of mine flew to Kansas and he was not lucky. I on my hand and bunch of people in OR were lucky in terms of viewing but not in terms of getting out - it took 9h to drive from Madras to Weed and I think I was lucky. Some people did not manage to get out till 6AM next morning.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top