Last time went on local bird trips and saw some carrying long lens of 200 mm to 300 mm for shootimg birds. I realized they actually can't shoot a bird clearly when the trees are tall and the bird is inside the dark areas or even inside some bushes far away
I have some questions
1) DSLR vs Mirrorless. Is mirrorless the trend now? How about mirrorless M43 cameras for bird photography?
2) Full-frame vs Cropped sensors.
3) 100 to 500 mm vs 200 to 600mm super telephoto lens. Which is better?
4) I want a reach of 1000/1200mm. So super telephoto lens with a 2x extender vs Cropped sensor of 2x factor with the mentioned same super telephoto lens. Which is better? The Olympus OM-1 with 300mm ƒ/4 Pro lens (highly rated) and a 2x TC should reach 1200mm ?
5) Telephoto lens is better with a fixed aperture opening or variable aperture opening?
6) If camera is mounted on a tripod do I need to turn off IBIS/OIS in lens?
7) Which brand and model of camera do you recommend?
8) Which brand is compatible with more 3rd-party lenses like from Sigma and Tamron?
9) Which brand and model of humidity control cabinet (aka dry cabinet) is best for storing cameras and lens?
Thanks
I have some questions
1) DSLR vs Mirrorless. Is mirrorless the trend now? How about mirrorless M43 cameras for bird photography?
2) Full-frame vs Cropped sensors.
3) 100 to 500 mm vs 200 to 600mm super telephoto lens. Which is better?
4) I want a reach of 1000/1200mm. So super telephoto lens with a 2x extender vs Cropped sensor of 2x factor with the mentioned same super telephoto lens. Which is better? The Olympus OM-1 with 300mm ƒ/4 Pro lens (highly rated) and a 2x TC should reach 1200mm ?
5) Telephoto lens is better with a fixed aperture opening or variable aperture opening?
6) If camera is mounted on a tripod do I need to turn off IBIS/OIS in lens?
7) Which brand and model of camera do you recommend?
8) Which brand is compatible with more 3rd-party lenses like from Sigma and Tamron?
9) Which brand and model of humidity control cabinet (aka dry cabinet) is best for storing cameras and lens?
Thanks
Last edited:
