Cameras - Any issues come back within 7 days

drkcynic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
57,435
Reaction score
26,947
Anybody has experience with camera shops promising this? ie like handphone 1 for 1 exchange?

I bought a compact camera recently and the salesperson told me this. 2 days later I found that the camera lens was dusty and went back to the shop. The shop person said none of their business. Left a bad taste in my mouth so just wondering is this promise a norm or have I just met a lemon salesperson?
 

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
7,801
Reaction score
1
you may want to visit the brand OEM and see if the warranty can be covered....
 

drkcynic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
57,435
Reaction score
26,947
you may want to visit the brand OEM and see if the warranty can be covered....

Warranty can cover. I went to Canon to get it replaced.

My question is on the Authorised Dealers and that they didn't honour what they promised during the sales process. Is it normal for AD to offer a "come back within 7 days if there are any issues"?

I also lodged a formal complaint to Canon for the service of their AD. The Canon staff told me the AD should have sorted out the issue for me.
 
Last edited:

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
7,801
Reaction score
1
if the dusty is external, I don know if they have the capability (machine/expertise) to help you.

if the dusty is internal, don't think they can settle without voiding the warranty. Or they may exchange another "new" set for your "dusty" set....

:D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top