Can maids help in this?

Rand6971

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am 50 yr old, male. I employ a maid mainly to look after my elderly father who is bedridden. Unfortunately, I have recently suffered a hip injury and recovery is uncertain. As a result, I have difficulty bending my left leg at certain angles, and finds it difficult to wear socks and cut my toe nails on my left leg.

Is it proper for me to ask the maid to help me put on my socks and cut my toe nails on my left leg? I would ask her to do that only in daylight hours and in the living room. Someone told me these are too personal to be proper. Thanks for any advice.
 

jayleenstellar

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
743
Reaction score
31
Are you living in the same household? If yes, I don't see why not. It is ok to ask for help. And it's an easy task and not a lot to ask for.

Ask the maid nicely, I'm sure she will help you.
 

Limlyekiow

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Legally you can ask her to do it. But personally you might want to check in with her if she is comfortable or not. Best is both party is comfortable since she is only human and you can’t force her to do something she doesn’t like.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top