Cancer support group

PippingCafe

Reaction score
A torture and costly thing that will make the entire family suffer.
exactly true. after the whole ordeal I got into a 6 figure bill size and still lost my dad. Sometimes I wonder is it even worth trying.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cancer is really a deadly and painful illness. A torture and costly thing that will make the entire family suffer.

Hope science and medicine has a cure for it as its effect to the patient and their loved ones are worse worse than COVID19 virus
Coming from a family of 3 cancer patients, 2 cleared, 1 still suffering...

Why would they want to cure you? Cure you = 1 time payment. Put you on eternal drugs + treatment = recurring payments.

Big Pharma doesn't want to cure, they want to treat you forever. All those breakthrough in cancer research announced over the years, nothing made to shelves or patients. My sister (pte doc) was put on 4K treatment every 3 weeks for over 2 years. 52 weeks = 70K, insurance + self top up.

My mom (pte doc) has been cleared over 20 years, but still needs to regularly go for medical check ups. My dad (public hosp) last year cleared of his colorectal cancer also, I spent 7 months changing his stoma bag and bringing him to doc (thank God for COVID and I was WFH all the way). My other sister was a SAHM, she took him everyday for 1 month+ for radiation treatment before COVID. The hassle... the money, every day was a headache... cancer doesn't kill the patient, it also kills the family.

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coming from a family of 3 cancer patients, 2 cleared, 1 still suffering...

Why would they want to cure you? Cure you = 1 time payment. Put you on eternal drugs + treatment = recurring payments.

Big Pharma doesn't want to cure, they want to treat you forever. All those breakthrough in cancer research announced over the years, nothing made to shelves or patients. My sister (pte doc) was put on 4K treatment every 3 weeks for over 2 years. 52 weeks = 70K, insurance + self top up.

My mom (pte doc) has been cleared over 20 years, but still needs to regularly go for medical check ups. My dad (public hosp) last year cleared of his colorectal cancer also, I spent 7 months changing his stoma bag and bringing him to doc (thank God for COVID and I was WFH all the way). My other sister was a SAHM, she took him everyday for 1 month+ for radiation treatment before COVID. The hassle... the money, every day was a headache... cancer doesn't kill the patient, it also kills the family.
做人很辛苦....haix....
hope everything well for u....

Asd787

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my uncle just passed away at age 80+.. had been a heavy smoker since young for the past 60 years, yet didn't get cancer. my cousin was from NDU, fit as a bull, but died in his 30s of leukemia. got afew other friends that died of pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, brain cancer, etc...
Suay to be associated with you leh...all died of cancer....

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
做人很辛苦....haix....
hope everything well for u....
Thanks, it's good, tiring, but more or less over. Dad's singing in the shower now. Mom is enjoying her TV everyday. My sis has not been working for the past 6 months after the company choose to let her go due to her frequent hospitalization and away from work. They paid her though, we all understood her company is not a charity organisation.

:) the horrible fees are at least over for now.

denbel

Reaction score
Dear TS.
I survived stage 3 colon cancer and I have another family member currently undergoing cancer treatment so I guess I will share my thoughts.
1) you are wrong to say that you were too anxious and brought him to a private doctor. cancer patients typically go for private treatment if they have the money or if they have sufficient insurance cover. I am lucky to have the latter and met great doctors. unless you feel that the doctors were irresponsible and you have a strong reason to believe they gave wrong advice, I believe you did nothing wrong
2) I had chemo and radio before surgery. I do not know if your Dad's condition required emergency surgery or at that point in time it was a better option. did the oncologist/surgeon explain why?
3) for older folks... chemo can be really painful. during the most painful times I imagined that i would choose to die if I was much older and if I was uncurable (terminal stage). I hope your dad passed away peacefully.
feel free to PM me if I can be of help and I hope you will be at peace soon.

Hi Jango, my mum just completed the surgery for the colon area. Would like to find out and understand more about your experience. You mind email me at moments_vogue @ yahoo . com? Many thanks

Kenzo88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I need some advise abt insurance.

I am in my early 30s, obese and recently diagnosed with high bp. I have been dilly dally with my life without a proper job or much savings.

My mum is 60, obese and has no health insurance. When she was young, she had cancer and cured. She has high bp, cholesterol, slp apnea and was under controlled.

In the near future, I would like to get a healthcare insurance for both my mum and I, will we be rejected since we are like high risk? Or any recommendations?

Recently I'm afraid and paranoid of sickness and death for my loved ones and myself especially I'm broke and jobless now.

Money money money, it's a rich man's world...

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those buying medical insurance, make sure what it covers.

I've known a person having medical insurance diagnosed with leukaemia. He needed a bone marrow transplant after HD chemotherapy.

Three matches were found in Thailand. He chose the youngest. The cost was about S$40K.

Now, came the bombs.... S$40K was only the initial bill. The final bill was in excess of S$120K. And his medical insurance policy did not cover bone marrow transplant! He gave up this option and opted for standard chemotherapy which prolonged his survival rate by months only.

Kenzo88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those buying medical insurance, make sure what it covers.
I've known a person having medical insurance diagnosed with leukaemia. He needed a bone marrow transplant after HD chemotherapy.
Three matches were found in Thailand. He chose the youngest. The cost was about S$40K.
Now, came the bombs.... S$40K was only the initial bill. The final bill was in excess of S$120K. And his medical insurance policy did not cover bone marrow transplant! He gave up this option and opted for standard chemotherapy which prolonged his survival rate by months only.

For those buying medical insurance for the first time, how do we judge what it covers or will it be adequate? Sorry, I never buy b4..

Money money money, it's a rich man's world...

peaceheart

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fren recovered from cancer some years ago, under control, no relapse for >5 years. Now everyday jiak ho liao, lim jiu, eat fried stuff

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.