Cannot connect my S3 to Kies. Pls help!

hanayori

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I just updated the latest Kies software and now I can't connect my S3 to Kies :(:(

This is the error message:

Reconnect the device in Samsung Kies (PC studio) mode. Current connection mode not supported by Kies. Check the USB settings (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(x))

Can someone pls help me out? I have tried everything but still can't get it to work? Should I just reinstall Kies?

On a side note, I'm thinking of getting the Note 8 and in order to get it to work do I need to connect it to Kies to do some set up or whatever? I cannot recall if Kies was needed for me to start using my S3 when I first got it.

Do we need Kies PC suite or Kies Air is good enough? But can Kies Air allow me to do backing up of the phone/Note?

Thanks for any help that I can get on this!
 

theone89

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hi, it will be better to uninstall all and any samsung drivers and Kies. Then start afresh with the Kies installation, that is, if you really want to use Kies.

Personally, I only use Kies for the software drivers, not for the utilities. If you wanna back up your phone (apps, contacts, sms, etc), I recommend using Super Backup (for apps, contacts and sms backup).

There is also the ultimate app, Titanium Backup that can backup all apps (user + system) plus their app data. However, you would require root to use Titanium Backup.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top