Cannot use Bose 700 for gaming - solution or cheap headset recommendation needed

Charlie_CaiPng

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2021
Messages
32
Reaction score
10
Not too surprised but a bit sad that a $500 ANC pair sucks so bad at gaming :)
CS GO is unbearable with distorted sound when in Bluetooth mode. Using it in wired mode means cannot use voice.

Their Service suggested an inline mic (QC35 model's) but then I don't think that one goes into the desktop's mic and speaker 3.5 outputs. Also the voice was reported to be mono.

Anybody with experience troubleshooting Bose or other BT headsets for gaming?

Any decent sub-$100 pair (used is fine) that I should research? Is HyperX good?
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,824
Reaction score
30,416
I use a basic clip on mic for gaming. It is noisy and sounds like **** but that is part of the online FPS experience. ;) Remember to have a fan blowing at it and also get a crazy cat if you are playing CoD.
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
Wondering your PC Bluetooth is from motherboard or a dedicated Bluetooth USB device or wifi adapter with Bluetooth feature?

Have you try to update the motherboard Bluetooth driver?
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Not too surprised but a bit sad that a $500 ANC pair sucks so bad at gaming :)
CS GO is unbearable with distorted sound when in Bluetooth mode. Using it in wired mode means cannot use voice.

Their Service suggested an inline mic (QC35 model's) but then I don't think that one goes into the desktop's mic and speaker 3.5 outputs. Also the voice was reported to be mono.

Anybody with experience troubleshooting Bose or other BT headsets for gaming?

Any decent sub-$100 pair (used is fine) that I should research? Is HyperX good?

Use a proper standalone mic.

61Ly9zgVyIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
 

Charlie_CaiPng

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2021
Messages
32
Reaction score
10
Thanks for the replies comrades.

I found out the issue with the headset. The headset has a built in mic that Windows decides that should be kept on all time. So every time the PC or the headset think I'm speaking, the audio output got muted.

If anybody is encountering this, disable the Hands-free audio AG devices. Go to Sounds settings and disable the input. Use the output with Windows' Stereo driver for the headset.

Next would be getting a standalone mic.

I'm leaning toward getting some mic that is portable and compatible with my camera so that if I shoot video I could use it.

Rode wireless go coming to my mind but hope I could have some suggestions.

On second thought, Rode videomic might be a better fit for my setup (Mac, PC, DSLR)
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top