Can't Detect External Hard Drive

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
32,299
Reaction score
1,507
I can't see my external hard drive (Seagate Backup Slim Portable 2.5", 1TB) in My Computer. I'm using Windows 8.1.

Windows seems to be able to detect it fine.

When I go to Device Manager, I can see the device.

5vq39c.png


When I click on Safely Remove, I see the device too.

34qtd7s.png


However, I don't see it in Disk Management nor My Computer. When I tried to use SeaTools to repair it, it doesn't detect my external hard drive.

When I tried to populate the volume information, it gave an error "Volume information for this disk cannot be found."

Please help. I have a lot of important data in this hard disk. :(
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,705
Reaction score
528
You need professional data recovery service to get back your data.
 

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,690
Reaction score
33
You can try download Hiren bootcd and use the harddisk partition recovery tool.

Sorry, OT abit. How does a hard disk model number back track to you?

This is mine.

yFDlRxp.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top