Hi
I noticed very few people discussing about a potential career in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). It bothers me because this is one of the most lucrative industries in IT and yet no one seemed to have taken note.
The major players in ERP includes SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and Infor etc. Some mainstream product includes (SAP R/3, A1, B1, MIcrosoft Dynamics NAV/GP/AX, Oracle E-Biz suite, Infor Syteline, Baan etc).
There are consultancy firms, large and small that specializes in ERP. Across major MNCs, Big4 consulting firms, banks and governments are also using ERP systems.
Some of the latest trends includ extensions and capabilities for Cloud, Big Data, Mobility and Analytics .
I have about 5 years in ERP across several jobs and have done consultancy, implementation (20+ cycles), customization, pre-sales and even outright sales. Because I wasnt doing SAP previously (Mine was a proprietory software), I thought of going for a SAP certification so that I can re-enter this industry doing SAP directly. Getting a job in ERP should no be too difficult for me as I've already had extensive hands-on experience. Just finding the right company with the right pay can be a challenge.
Any advice. Related discussions welcome!
I noticed very few people discussing about a potential career in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). It bothers me because this is one of the most lucrative industries in IT and yet no one seemed to have taken note.
The major players in ERP includes SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and Infor etc. Some mainstream product includes (SAP R/3, A1, B1, MIcrosoft Dynamics NAV/GP/AX, Oracle E-Biz suite, Infor Syteline, Baan etc).
There are consultancy firms, large and small that specializes in ERP. Across major MNCs, Big4 consulting firms, banks and governments are also using ERP systems.
Some of the latest trends includ extensions and capabilities for Cloud, Big Data, Mobility and Analytics .
I have about 5 years in ERP across several jobs and have done consultancy, implementation (20+ cycles), customization, pre-sales and even outright sales. Because I wasnt doing SAP previously (Mine was a proprietory software), I thought of going for a SAP certification so that I can re-enter this industry doing SAP directly. Getting a job in ERP should no be too difficult for me as I've already had extensive hands-on experience. Just finding the right company with the right pay can be a challenge.
Any advice. Related discussions welcome!
Last edited:

