Change of psu?

Ga Li Kong

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
6
Hi all! I have just upgraded my case and I realise I'm expediting static shocks whenever I touched the case itself. Is it time to change my psu or was it just a simple mistake I made when I fixed the old parts back into the new case? Please advise! Thanks.

Sent from Kong Island using GAGT
 

Irenicus

Master Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2001
Messages
2,670
Reaction score
32
Did you install the standoffs for the motherboard in the casing before putting in your motherboard?
 

VoltechSG

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2017
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Hi all! I have just upgraded my case and I realise I'm expediting static shocks whenever I touched the case itself. Is it time to change my psu or was it just a simple mistake I made when I fixed the old parts back into the new case? Please advise! Thanks.

Sent from Kong Island using GAGT

Do check your motherboard if have the standoffs, as well as try a different power cord. I previously had done for one user, in the end, its his power socket that is leaking and called the electrician to fix and its fixed. No more leakage.. Hope this helps.
 

Ga Li Kong

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
6
Did you install the standoffs for the motherboard in the casing before putting in your motherboard?
Do check your motherboard if have the standoffs, as well as try a different power cord. I previously had done for one user, in the end, its his power socket that is leaking and called the electrician to fix and its fixed. No more leakage.. Hope this helps.
Hi noob here. May I know what's a standoff?

Sent from Kong Island using GAGT
 

Irenicus

Master Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2001
Messages
2,670
Reaction score
32
Hi noob here. May I know what's a standoff?

Sent from Kong Island using GAGT

25zi05w.jpg


You have to align the standoffs according to the holes on your motherboard before putting your motherboard into the casing.

Please refer to the manual that came with your casing.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top