Changed From MISS to MR, is Name Changes?

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,547
Reaction score
16
It is my mistake of not checking thru and submitted the online booking
on Singapore Airlines for one of my passenger who was a 2 years old boy
as MISS instead of MR. I just found out when I was printing the e-tickets.
I had called in to Singapore Airlines and was told that I maybe charges at
US$50 for the amendment. I had posted on SIA facebook and was told that
the fee for name changes is in accordance with their policy. MISS or MR is
not part of his name in the first place. Changing from MISS to MR consider
a name changes?
Thanks.
 

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
13,155
Reaction score
31
When flying just tell them that the kid identifies "herself" as miss. Problem solved.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
It is my mistake of not checking thru and submitted the online booking
on Singapore Airlines for one of my passenger who was a 2 years old boy
as MISS instead of MR. I just found out when I was printing the e-tickets.
I had called in to Singapore Airlines and was told that I maybe charges at
US$50 for the amendment. I had posted on SIA facebook and was told that
the fee for name changes is in accordance with their policy. MISS or MR is
not part of his name in the first place. Changing from MISS to MR consider
a name changes?
Thanks.

Yes, changing from Miss to Mr is a name change.
 

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
81,919
Reaction score
8,149
Last edited:

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,637
Reaction score
3,487
I once flew 3 flights with the wrong title. To and fro + domestic

Not a problem at all, or at least no one noticed it.

I didn't notice it until I was boarding for my last flight lol.

But to be on the safe side, just do the name change.

Which wrong title?

Generally, Miss and Mrs don't make a difference. Dr and Mr don't make a difference either. Mr and Miss do make a difference though.

Or upon check-in, ask the check-in staff to over-ride the system and issue the boarding pass with the right title.
 

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
81,919
Reaction score
8,149

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,721
Reaction score
738
Usually not an issue.
Even your Birthday is keyed wrongly, you think they care?
 

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
6,460
Reaction score
1
Last year I realized the same issue with AirAsia.

Contacted CS through their online chat, changed for me and resent to me the e-ticket immediately.

Didn't know SQ so strict on this.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Last year I realized the same issue with AirAsia.

Contacted CS through their online chat, changed for me and resent to me the e-ticket immediately.

Didn't know SQ so strict on this.

Airasia online chat was a big headache ...
normally have to wait about 15 minutes or more to get them to interact with you ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
only the name matters most ...
if your passport details such as number or expiry dates has changed
you can call them update for free ... birthday u key in wrong, also no issues.
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
IMHO, just pay the USD50 and be done with it. It's your own mistake, so just pay the small price. Why risk all the potential boarding/security/immigration hassles just to save a few bucks?



It is my mistake of not checking thru and submitted the online booking
on Singapore Airlines for one of my passenger who was a 2 years old boy
as MISS instead of MR. I just found out when I was printing the e-tickets.
I had called in to Singapore Airlines and was told that I maybe charges at
US$50 for the amendment. I had posted on SIA facebook and was told that
the fee for name changes is in accordance with their policy. MISS or MR is
not part of his name in the first place. Changing from MISS to MR consider
a name changes?
Thanks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top