Changing Of Graphics Card?

iggylicious

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
66
Reaction score
2
So recently my CPU has been hanging and freezing on it's own. Checked around and found out that my graphics card might be faulty. I would like to replace it, but the thing is I got this CPU second hand off someone here and it has been serving me extremely well the past 4 years. Can anyone suggest a graphics card that I could replace my current one with? I'm looking at around below $200 if it is possible.
The following are my CPU specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Would appreciate any help available.
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,441
Reaction score
2,346
So recently my CPU has been hanging and freezing on it's own. Checked around and found out that my graphics card might be faulty. I would like to replace it, but the thing is I got this CPU second hand off someone here and it has been serving me extremely well the past 4 years. Can anyone suggest a graphics card that I could replace my current one with? I'm looking at around below $200 if it is possible.
The following are my CPU specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Would appreciate any help available.

get the gtx960 at lazada now. Cheap cheap 196 not including discount vouchers yet
 

iggylicious

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
66
Reaction score
2
Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated. Also is it feasible to get a second hand gtx 960?
 

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
25,846
Reaction score
159
Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated. Also is it feasible to get a second hand gtx 960?
thats provided a u can get it alot cheaper than the $196 that lazada is offering right now. If u are able to, 2nd hand works too :)
 

Cookie_Mon

Member
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
238
Reaction score
1
Hi just to check is 670 still a good GPU? I intend to change my rig next year but realize recently the newer games I need to lower my graphics performance liao
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Hi just to check is 670 still a good GPU? I intend to change my rig next year but realize recently the newer games I need to lower my graphics performance liao
This really depends on what games u are playing.

I won't say it's a good one to play current AAA games like AC or witcher. But overwatch should be fine.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top