Chargeable offence in NS

flowerpalms

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2018
Messages
58,197
Reaction score
18,756
Hi guys, recently got MC for 1 week after I hurt myself as I could no longer take the stresses of NS and needed to displace my emotions. I understand that since the duration of the MC is a week I will need to endorse the MC, I'm quite nervous now since I am afraid that the doctor will find out that I self harm and I know its a chargeable offence.

Been diagnosed with major depressive disorder before NS and am currently seeing psychiatrist referred by MO, taking medication to treat my depression and insomnia but still am unable to cope and as a result I broke and impulsively hurt myself.

What will the doctor ask before he endorse mc, i.e will he want to find out the reason doctor issue MC , will he inform my unit/superior about my self harm issue and will I get charged by my superior/unit?

the MO should inform ur unit and commanders about what happen to you, but dont think you will get charged...
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
Hi guys, recently got MC for 1 week after I hurt myself as I could no longer take the stresses of NS and needed to displace my emotions. I understand that since the duration of the MC is a week I will need to endorse the MC, I'm quite nervous now since I am afraid that the doctor will find out that I self harm and I know its a chargeable offence.

Been diagnosed with major depressive disorder before NS and am currently seeing psychiatrist referred by MO, taking medication to treat my depression and insomnia but still am unable to cope and as a result I broke and impulsively hurt myself.

What will the doctor ask before he endorse mc, i.e will he want to find out the reason doctor issue MC , will he inform my unit/superior about my self harm issue and will I get charged by my superior/unit?

This last time my men threaten to harm himself, the first reaction from MO was to send him to IMH, he was locked up insiDe for 2 days. Almost went crazy inside there
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
Hi guys, recently got MC for 1 week after I hurt myself as I could no longer take the stresses of NS and needed to displace my emotions. I understand that since the duration of the MC is a week I will need to endorse the MC, I'm quite nervous now since I am afraid that the doctor will find out that I self harm and I know its a chargeable offence.

Been diagnosed with major depressive disorder before NS and am currently seeing psychiatrist referred by MO, taking medication to treat my depression and insomnia but still am unable to cope and as a result I broke and impulsively hurt myself.

What will the doctor ask before he endorse mc, i.e will he want to find out the reason doctor issue MC , will he inform my unit/superior about my self harm issue and will I get charged by my superior/unit?

Think you should be more concern about getting better than fear of being charged.

I don’t think they r that crazy to go charge you and make things worse on the onset.
 

kelhot2001

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
2,311
I've never ever threatened to harm myself or others to my superior or doctors, but if I share with the MO that I have thoughts of self harm will I get sent to IMH? I just want to get better, I don't want to get warded, in that case should I lie to MO and just say I don't have any thoughts of self harm and suicide ideation?

I'm currently still consuming MC and haven't return to camp, psych tells me to not think about the army but my mind keeps deviating back to camp and I feel so stressed, don't know what to do.

just tell them you under stress need to talk to counseller, they will arrange
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
What if I feel like hurting myself again in camp, should I go see and tell the MO, I'm scared I get warded like you mentioned.



I trying my best to get better, threw away the razors but still have urge to hurt myself because my mind keeps thinking about the stresses of when I eventually go back to the army and now, on top of that I'm worried they will try to charge me for self harm and throw me into DB, my mind just keeps thinking about the worst possible outcomes I feel like I can't take it.
i dun think you are in the position to help yourself. if you have to be warded it is for a good reason.

n before we continue here.

let's make this clear. people here can give you opinion and advise of what you should do. but if you keep pushing back on what you ought to do, there's no point in continuing the conversation.
 

Calander

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
11
consider looking for your WO, OC or S1 directly and request to be posted to the cookhouse to assist the civilian aunties and uncles.

this will definitely be better for u.

alternatively, do your own exercises at available stations such as pull-up bars, sit-up planks etc. this will help also.

hope the above helps. and a piece of advice.. do not consider getting yourself PES F as it will pose a greater stress.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
Sorry if it seems like I’m pushing back, just that some of the things I have tried early on already, and other things such as getting warded is tough because my parents are very against it, even getting on medication was tough as I have to hide it from them everyday.



Thanks for the advice, will speak to the WO/S1 when I get back to the camp, am currently doing some light exercise as advised by psych. And for the record I do not wish to be downpes or to be PES F, I just wish the psychological and physical symptoms would stop as it is affecting my sanity and causing inability to function in the army and real life.
ur parents maybe against it, but if that's the help you need, that is the help you need.
 

pikafunk3

Banned
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
37,828
Reaction score
4,639
Sorry if it seems like I’m pushing back, just that some of the things I have tried early on already, and other things such as getting warded is tough because my parents are very against it, even getting on medication was tough as I have to hide it from them everyday.



Thanks for the advice, will speak to the WO/S1 when I get back to the camp, am currently doing some light exercise as advised by psych. And for the record I do not wish to be downpes or to be PES F, I just wish the psychological and physical symptoms would stop as it is affecting my sanity and causing inability to function in the army and real life.


the MO needs to know the reason for your condition before endorsing any MC. so yes, let your MO know as much detail as you can.

also, the MO may be able to help recommend further deployment and work scope for you in the SAF. therefore the decision for PES is not yours, but rather, following SAF safety protocol.

self-harm may be a chargeable offence, but it is unlikely they will charge you and put you in dentention, given the circumstances.

since you have an insight to why you are having such problems, that is very good. use this opportunity to develop stress coping skills. BESIDES hurting yourself. let me advise in advance, that stresses in real life can be many times more than NS. hurting oneself is just a very childish and useless way of coping with emotions. accept the fact that the days of being a BABY pampered by your parents are OVER.

also, let me tell you first, people who handled the stresses of NS, well, they put in effort to learn to handle the stress. it doesn't come automatically.

so many things you can do: give yourself something to look forward to; do fun things; eat ice cream; have sex; eat buffet; watch movie; read manga; vent by playing fortnite; masturbate at home... whatever the fug you like. much better than cutting yourself.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top