Hi All
I want to book a 3 weeks holiday to Austin, Texas with my friend but she's already book SIA and it cost around 3-3.2k for round trip.
Any kind bros out there knows any airlines that operates there and significantly cheaper than SIA.
Is website like farecompare.com reliable?
Austin? Good choice. You'll want to be careful if your dates cover over the F1 weekend (Oct 31 - Nov 2), though, because hotel rates around Austin go up by a factor of 5 or 6. You basically have to drive all the way to San Antonio or College Station to find a rate that isn't pumped up to the moon.
You'll probably want to stitch something together out of a couple different airlines. I don't know your dates, so I picked some random dates in October - leaving Singapore Oct 5th, coming back Oct 26th - but the prices should be about the same. Anyway, give this a try:
* SIN-LAX-SIN, $1200 r/t on United/ANA with a stopover at NRT (you can shave $200 off this if you take China Airlines through Taipei, but I don't know how good they are);
* LAX-AUS-LAX, $368 r/t on United.
There you go: all done and you've got change from $1600. You could probably even book the whole thing on United if you wanted to.
And you can spend that extra $1600 on four nights at the kickass
W Hotel in Austin... while your spendthrift friend's staying at a Motel 6 out near the airport.