cheaper to buy CPU abroad?

-ikigai-

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2018
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Amazon has good return policy, they will provide refunds or replacements for items if it's within 30 days of purchase.
 

Corytu

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Thank you a lot! What an insight. I’m a new expat here. That’s why I have these questions. But I wonder how do people pay on amazon here!? Is there any trouble to make online payment ??

I think most bros here choose to buy from Amazon due to these reasons

1) price WAY CHEAPER for some parts (high speed rams, high capacity ssd, gfx), especially during BF or CM
2) well known good after sales customer service
3) convenient
 

-ikigai-

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2018
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Thank you a lot! What an insight. I’m a new expat here. That’s why I have these questions. But I wonder how do people pay on amazon here!? Is there any trouble to make online payment ??

Amazon doesn't accept PayPal, however most credit cards should have no issues. There is also an option to select your payment currency when you checkout.
 

Corytu

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Have you tried other payment methods on other shopping site, like eBay and taobao!?

Amazon doesn't accept PayPal, however most credit cards should have no issues. There is also an option to select your payment currency when you checkout.
 

Corytu

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
What type of cpu and gpus did u buy? Interested to save money 😆

Bought my cpu, ram, motherboard, x2 gpu and psu from amazon. Products came with no defect. One of my gpu burnt months before warranty ended, managed to rma it (at your own cost). All in all, save few hundreds.
 

Jin_GY

Master Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
2,729
Reaction score
5
What type of cpu and gpus did u buy? Interested to save money 😆

My pc upgrades were gradual. Bought them when they’re having deeper discount. I go ahead to purchase intel i7-6700k knowing they have intl warranty. And evga for their great CS. Gpu were 980ti. I remembered msi, gigabyte etc were selling 1.1 to 1.3k for, bought my gpu close to 1k each.

It’s hard to save if you intend to build a new system asap becz you have to settle for whatever price stated, which could be higher.
 

Corytu

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
That's a cool insight. But I wonder what situation will you buy X and XM series?? :s11:

I usually buy those high end chips (extreme editions, XM, K series) from ebay.

Cheap yes, Warranty no, GST freaking yes when it arrives at your door. :(
 

Corytu

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
better quality to buy high speed RAM abroad? cheaper?

Better quality to buy high speed RAM abroad? cheaper?
which brand or version do pros here recommend? which one is the worthiest? :s13::s13:
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Thread merged.

Continue the existing thread, you don't need to start a new thread for every item.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Better quality to buy high speed RAM abroad? cheaper?
which brand or version do pros here recommend? which one is the worthiest? :s13::s13:

First, you need to check with yourself whether you even need high frequency RAM in the first place.

Second, regardless of buying XYZ RAM in SG or XYZ RAM abroad, XYZ RAM is still XYZ RAM. No difference in quality.
 

Corytu

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2018
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
and i was checking the monitor on ebay!? Should I buy the gaming monitor [ASUS VS248HR 24 inch Gaming Monitor ]?? :s13::s13:
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
I would say no.

Monitors are fragile, and international shipping is pretty risky (be it with fragile sticker or not)

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
I would say no.

Monitors are fragile, and international shipping is pretty risky (be it with fragile sticker or not)

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Logistics 101: Fragile/handle with care sticker = throw harder :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top