Cheapest possible notebook that isn't TOO crappy?

spvnnn

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
I'm looking for a really cheap notebook that I can bring to my uni classes. Actually, I really want an iPad, but because I'm a CS student, I'll probably need to bring a notebook instead. Can anyone provide a couple of recommendations (apart from the MBA, just because I already know about that and want some windows alternatives) for what I can look at?

Mainly, I want a notebook that's as cheap as possible without being overly slow, as well as being relatively light. I still need to compile code on it from time to time, so I don't want everything to slow to a crawl just becaue I have a web browser open and am coding at the same time. I also don't mind the slightly extra cost of having an SSD on it (maybe).
 
Last edited:

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
7,641
Reaction score
1
I'm looking for a really cheap notebook that I can bring to my uni classes. Actually, I really want an iPad, but because I'm a CS student, I'll probably need to bring a notebook instead. Can anyone provide a couple of recommendations (apart from the MBA, just because I already know about that and want some windows alternatives) for what I can look at?

Mainly, I want a notebook that's as cheap as possible without being overly slow, as well as being relatively light. I still need to compile code on it from time to time, so I don't want everything to slow to a crawl just becaue I have a web browser open and am coding at the same time. I also don't mind the slightly extra cost of having an SSD on it (maybe).

what is ur budget?
 

denilson

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
623
Reaction score
4
I'm looking for a really cheap notebook that I can bring to my uni classes. Actually, I really want an iPad, but because I'm a CS student, I'll probably need to bring a notebook instead. Can anyone provide a couple of recommendations (apart from the MBA, just because I already know about that and want some windows alternatives) for what I can look at?

Mainly, I want a notebook that's as cheap as possible without being overly slow, as well as being relatively light. I still need to compile code on it from time to time, so I don't want everything to slow to a crawl just becaue I have a web browser open and am coding at the same time. I also don't mind the slightly extra cost of having an SSD on it (maybe).

ACER 11.6IN INTEL CELERON 1019Y 2GBWIN 8.1 V5-132-10192G50NSS Notebooks - Courts Online Shopping

just buy some more ram and maybe a ssd. The processor is ivy bridge based
 

xXshad0wXx

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
565
Reaction score
0
microsoft surface pro 3! i think theres a student discount going on for the pre orders now. or if u dont mind microsoft surface pro 2 is quite good also
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top