Check for wisdom teeth

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,128
Reaction score
2,065
I do not have any erupted wisdom tooth but worry that if there are any hiding under my gum that would cause problems after I ord. I am thinking of getting a dental xray to scan for hidden wisdom teeth.

How do I go about getting an dental appointment in the saf medical centre for such cases? My friends have erupted wisdom teeth and they called for an appointment stating that they have impacted wisdom tooth whereas I am not sure I have wisdom tooth or not...
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I do not have any erupted wisdom tooth but worry that if there are any hiding under my gum that would cause problems after I ord. I am thinking of getting a dental xray to scan for hidden wisdom teeth.

How do I go about getting an dental appointment in the saf medical centre for such cases? My friends have erupted wisdom teeth and they called for an appointment stating that they have impacted wisdom tooth whereas I am not sure I have wisdom tooth or not...

You need a diagnostic called Orthopantomography (OPG).

This can only be done at selected polyclinics and at all outpatient dental clinics in hospital.

As such, you need a referral.

Your reason is valid for finding un-erupted tooth. So you may go to the medical centre for referral. :)
 

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,128
Reaction score
2,065
You need a diagnostic called Orthopantomography (OPG).

This can only be done at selected polyclinics and at all outpatient dental clinics in hospital.

As such, you need a referral.

Your reason is valid for finding un-erupted tooth. So you may go to the medical centre for referral. :)

Ok, so I can go and call for an appointment to check for un-erupted tooth, but does it have to be accompanied with having any tooth pains or anything? I do not feel anything.

Will try calling on the dental centre on monday. Thanks.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Ok, so I can go and call for an appointment to check for un-erupted tooth, but does it have to be accompanied with having any tooth pains or anything? I do not feel anything.

Will try calling on the dental centre on monday. Thanks.

No need bro.. just call and book an appointment. There r people who book appointment monthly just for polishing and scaling.. :)
 

heartbreakr.

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
dental

I have recently just went to a polyclinic to check-up on my teeth plus scaling and polishing!

It's very easy to see the dentist there, just give their appointment centers a call and all appointments will be made on the spot for you.

Hope this helps, take care!
 

motomage

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
I have recently just went to a polyclinic to check-up on my teeth plus scaling and polishing!

It's very easy to see the dentist there, just give their appointment centers a call and all appointments will be made on the spot for you.

Hope this helps, take care!

sorry me, but do i need to get a referral letter before calling them?
 

motomage

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
no need bro.. polyclinics is also covered by 11B.

thanks for the info. Will Route March to polyclinics this sat.
Btw what can i do at the dental/ polyclinics ah ? scaling and polishing? what else ah?

wanna make use full use of it :D
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
thanks for the info. Will Route March to polyclinics this sat.
Btw what can i do at the dental/ polyclinics ah ? scaling and polishing? what else ah?

wanna make use full use of it :D

Must make appointment first!

All basic dental care is available.. U wanna extract all teeth also can..
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,287
Reaction score
5,867
thanks for the info. Will Route March to polyclinics this sat.
Btw what can i do at the dental/ polyclinics ah ? scaling and polishing? what else ah?

wanna make use full use of it :D
the last time i heard dental polishing and scaling can only claim 50%
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top