ApeTruelove
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2009
- Messages
- 7,139
- Reaction score
- 2,081
Anyone going for loykrathong this year??? Not songkran hor

Anyone going for loykrathong this year??? Not songkran hor
I wish I will be there.![]()
u gg ah?![]()
Ya i 90% going. Waiting for my family to chk their schedule cause is weekday so abit ma fan. Once they confirm will book le
yeah usually going w family, need to wait for everyone schedule de

Now daytime very cooling leh, at night don't need to on
aircon...
Better join a local tour. Quite a hassle if you are to go to the border crossings by yourself. Crossing to Myanmar at Mae Sai requires a visa or a permit. The Laotian border at Huay Xai is straightforward, but I am not sure what is there to see over there. Avoid those tours which include a visit to the long-necked people- you are just rewarding the human trafficking agents who enslave the people in captive conditions. The real animals are those "show" organisers.
The regulations keep changing but I believe for Singaporeans with passports not showing back-to-back stamped evidence of visa runs, the Mae Sai-Tachileik crossing should be pretty straightforward: just pay 500Baht at the Myanmar side and you're through.
Those with families should love the Tachileik border market. The "little" Shwedagon Pagoda is very nice too
Just remember head in early and come back before the border closes at 6pm (it's not 24-hours)![]()
Yes, regulations always change and there are no advantages for ASEAN visitors yet. Years ago when I crossed at Mae Sot I had to pay a "charge" on top of the fee for the border pass. My passport was held at the Myawaddy border post and I was given a receipt to reclaim my passport when I left Myanmar. Ensure that you return before the border closes! Before leaving Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai for the border, also check that the border is open for the day! Not sure about the day-to-day situation nowadays. Back then the border would close if the 2 governments were in some dispute or if there was military action in the region.
cool spell from china again ... should be ending on 27 Feb 2016
were you impacted by water turn off on 26 Feb 2016?
read the news on 25 feb 2016 but plan to turn off next day!? that's too short a notice![]()
nothing happened, life as usual..those coming this week can come to this event..
![]()
Best khao kha moo (braised pig trotter rice) ever in Chiang Mai THB25
http://www.bangkokgoodlife.com/dinner-at-chang-phueak-street-hawker-area/
I always self-drive so am not too familiar with tours. Day-trips to Doi Inthanon should be easily available from Chiang Mai but I think the sunflower fields are a little too far for a comfortable day trip.
Another possibility (if you don't self drive) could be to hire a local driver to bring you and your family to the spots. The Mae Hon Song loop will typically take at least 4-5 days depending on your pace and where you wish to stop.