Child Swimming Classes

surfacebook

Banned
Reaction score
currently my son age 6 have learn swimming lesson 3 month already, and now in to the second term. but he still cannot swim without any swimming aid like float or life jacket.I tot of changing a swimming coach for him but i need to know more about what is swimming cert and what ever it call?

before i get him a new coach i need to find out what is actually being teach at a swimming lesson. i can swim and i can teach my son how to swim basic too. but i prefer to get a professional to teach him. my objective is not to make him a sport man, but to make sure he can survive in the water when accident happen. I remember many year back i ever saw a coach teach a group of kid how to swim on one leg when the other leg cramp.

i try google for such swimming lesson but fail. i realized most coach in sg only advertise generally. They do not have a detail course structure of what they are going to teach.

My son prefer to join a group to learn to swimming, cos he find it more fun. Every lesson i also go with him, i look from far and can tell my son got put in afford. Actually i prefer individual lesson, cos to me my time is also opportunity cost. still thinking of a way to talk to my son to join individual lesson. currently i am at a lost of what to do next.

any kind soul please advice, many many thanks.

surfacebook

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all. Please keep an eye on the kids during lesson under the trainer and don't leave the safety responsibility to the trainer alone. A lot misadventure happens in the pool.

agree totally, the coach got so many kids. as parents since we are there instead of looking at phone better look at kid safety.

Derek_cgc

Reaction score
Swimming Lessons For Kids and Adults

Hello. If you are looking for swimming lessons for at Jurong West or Choa Chu Kang Swimming Complex, our in-house swimming lessons for kidsare conducted there.

Isplash Swim School specializes in conducting swimming lessons for all ages. Our programs are designed according to the MOE swimsafer syllabus.

Group lesson fees are $70/Month/4 lessons. Each lesson is an estimate of 60minutes.

Thank you!:)

mrashford86

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the link - will drop by to have a look. Possible to observe class before sign up?

Dusky01

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good swim coach to recommend for Hougang Swimming pool ?

Jaylim999

Reaction score
Hi, I came across Swimming Lessons In Singapore and they provide some good tips about swimming for kids.

Take a look and hope it helps.

Cheers.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i sent mine to happy fish
teacher is experience wif infant to toddlers
heated pool + indoor so rain or shine also no problem
mine already outgrown so gotto settle for another school now

AnonymousA

Reaction score
I have tried a few swim schools in singapore but i most prefer Pink Whale Academy for my children. The coach there are more patient and their teaching skill are top notch.

YYCole

Reaction score
i sent mine to happy fish
teacher is experience wif infant to toddlers
heated pool + indoor so rain or shine also no problem
mine already outgrown so gotto settle for another school now
I use Happy Fish too. I think it is very good up to a certain age and a certain level. After that, kids seem to have little progression.

Reaction score
Keen to sign up my 4 years old child for swimming classes.

Questions:
1). How much it will cost? Being quoted 4 lessons for $95, is it expensive?
Usually its there
2). Any other package available in the market?
Can go and ask about indoor pools - Otterswim, etc
3). Will there be any swimming test for primary kids? Do I really need to sign up my child for swimming classes now?

Thanks.
Up to u. There's no swimming test or what. Teachers have their hands full and the next Joseph Schooling is DEFINITELY not coming outta our National Schools again.

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually its there

Can go and ask about indoor pools - Otterswim, etc

Up to u. There's no swimming test or what. Teachers have their hands full and the next Joseph Schooling is DEFINITELY not coming outta our National Schools again.
Actually there is a swimsafer test but it's not examinable.

Anyway, it's good for the kids to learn swimming as it improves their confidence, coordination etc etc

sunsetbay

Reaction score
i know sengkang have if you dont mind haha

i found one already, under Singapore Swim Sch, one of post got mentioned~ the rate is $100/ 4 lessons, 45min each on weekend~ goin to start on Feb~ :oops:

compare 3 yrs ago before covid, my son ex-coach only charge $60/ 4 lessons, 1hr~ i didn't go back to him cos his coaching method was rather slow pace~ :s22:

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use Happy Fish too. I think it is very good up to a certain age and a certain level. After that, kids seem to have little progression.

use this as well, stop after 2 terms once learnt the fundamentals of each style 😂

pricy but good. Just by waiting around the heated pool always makes me break out in sweat 😅

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.